Chapter 106 - The Distance Between Them

~~~

Akira had no choice but to follow the others up to the cabin. It had the same respective charm by the front door, flapping gently in the breeze. Kyoka couldn't take her eyes off of Kira the whole time, still trying to make sense of the whole situation that just happened with her and Bakugou. She couldn't even make sense of it herself.

Kira entered the cabin last, marvelling at the space - the interior was identical to the girls cabin, a small kitchen and living room, with a wide staircase that split into two before heading to the left and right.

Bakugou was muttering his complaints still, irritated at the whole ordeal. However, Kaminari was nearly in awe about it all, pulling the white sheets off the furniture and watching the dust particles sprinkle all over the floor.

Kirishima was already peeking in the kitchen cupboards, but it was all empty. It looked like the place had been abandoned long ago. Being in this different reality, it very well could have been.

Kira didn't spend long gazing about the girls cabin as she wanted to check the rooms out immediately. Perhaps their situation is the same, empty cupboards and old, unkept furniture.

"What now?" Kaminari asks, his loud tone echoing slightly.

"I guess, we get settled in and then meet back with the others at the campfire," Kirishima suggests, shrugging as he joins them as they stand by the doorway.

"Hey, Bakugou!" Kira calls after him as marches up the stairs, her suitcase in his grip.

He must have forgotten he's holding it still, as she leaps up the stairs after him. Bakugou takes the right side of the stairs, opening each bedroom door and peeking inside, his mouth twisted in disgust at each interior.

At the end of the hall was the bathroom, small with a glass shower door to the left, a toilet and sink to the right of the room. Barely enough space for two people in at once.

"Bakugou," Kira repeats, standing at the top step and watching him pace up and down the hall, the old floorboards creaking beneath his bare feet.

She hears him mutter a curse as he approaches Kira, handing her suitcase back to her. She expected him to throw it back in her face, call her ungrateful or useless, or something, but he just holds it out to her and she hesitantly takes it from him.

"Thanks," she says, her voice quiet, more in shock than anything.

Bakugou takes the bedroom on the right of the cabin, furthest away from the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

His eyes were asking something of her, something that he couldn't voice out loud, not yet. Kira stares at his chosen room for a few more seconds and decides to occupy the room next to his.

Maybe he didn't forget about her suitcase in his hand.

With only the two bedrooms on this side, Kaminari, Kyoka and Kirishima will have to take the three on the left. Kyoka will most definitely have her questions, especially after the way she was gawking at Kira after Bakugou snatched her suitcase off her.

For now, Kira spent the next hour or so unpacking. The room wasn't large - the whole cabin was particularly small. Not much to do inside. Her room only had a single bed in the middle of the room and one chest of drawers with a small lightshade above it. No light switch at the wall, no overhead light. So, the room was dark and creaky, made of old, ashen wood.

She had dumped her suitcase on the bed and it creaked something awful, the bed frame old and worn. Kira sighed at the bed, knowing it's going to be an uncomfortable week. She threw her clothes into the chest of drawers and shoved her suitcase under her bed. She has spilled out her random contents onto her bed, including her toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, a towel and a few other essential pieces.