Chapter 83 - Two Halves Of The Same Coin

~~~

Suffice it to say, Akira shouldn't have started her day off by putting Katsuki Bakugou in a bad mood. As Cementoss guided his lesson on modern literature, he assigned Class 1A a school project to work on... in groups.

Now, these groups had already been sorted by Cementoss himself. He stated that he thought it best, depending on the students current success rate in this particular class. So, as Cementoss announced the rules of the school project, there was a collective groan from the students - they all wanted to work with their most closest friends.

It's not like the whole of Class 1A were disassociated from one another. In fact, because of recent events, like attacks on the school, the UA sports festival and so on, the students were closer with each other than ever. But, in schools, children always had their favourite companions that they stuck next to like glue.

For Akira, that included her girlfriends and Eijiro Kirishima. However, Kira wasn't grouped with any of them. Her selected group surprised her, puzzled her, challenged her.

Others in the class got lucky with their selection, whooping and hugging their friends. Kira wasn't displeased with her group, but neither did she know them enough to warrant a friendly, knowing embrace.

Cementoss read out the list of groups, pausing every time there's an interruption. "Group One will be: Aoyama, Bakugou and Ashido."

"What!?" Bakugou leaps from his seat, slamming his hand on his desk. "This is such bullshit! I can't believe you're putting me with them!" Bakugou points at his newfound partners. "Why the hell do I have to work with these-"

"Fabulous, amazing, inspiring people?" Aoyama cuts him off, perched at his desk with his hands tucked under his chin.

Bakugou glares daggers at Aoyama, for how dare he interrupt his complaints. "I was gonna say: these intellectually challenged morons."

"That's enough," Cementoss warns. "This is just how it's going to work, Bakugou. I suggest you get used to it."

"But-"

Cementoss sets his gaze upon Bakugou as he tries to argue his case. "I've decided to group you three up because I believe it is the most suitable option. Perhaps, you can even learn a few things from one another, seeing as you, Bakugou are one of the many students in this class who strives well in my lessons. Whereas, Aoyama and Ashido - you both struggle to grasp the concept of these particular classes."

Mina huffs, going limp at her desk. She's not pleased with her partners either, it seems. "At least I can let Bakugou do everything," she mumbles quietly.

"If you're all quite finished..." Cementoss clears his throat before continuing his list of groups. "Group Two will consist of: Kiriya, Shoji and Sero."

Kira blinks at the choice - never had she assumed that these two students would be her ideal partners in this project. Akira leans forward in her seat so she can spot Sero in her row. He offers her two thumbs up and a keen grin. Well, at least it won't be boring.

Cementoss continues his selection, trying to ignore the whines and cheers. "Group Three: Mineta, Ojiro, Koda. Group Four: Kirishima, Midoriya, Hagakure. Group Five: Tokoyami, Uraraka, Yaoyorozu. Group Six: Kaminari, Jiro, Todoroki. And finally, Group Seven: Asui, Iida and Sato."

After learning their chosen teams, literature was swiftly replaced by mathematics and before Akira knew it, lunch had rolled around. She needed to talk to her group, to divise a plan on how they're going to prepare and complete this project. Kira had to admit, literature wasn't her strong suit - perhaps Shoji is the smartest out of the three of them.