Chapter 110 - A Peaceful Hike In The Woods

~~~

Akira was able to avoid getting too wet when she made it back to the cabin, though the patter of the rain on the old wood above her was growing more intense by the second. If it gets too bad, then their hike will most definitely be called off - it won't be safe for any of them.

"Come on, rain," Kaminari pleads, clutching the curtain with a death grip as he stares out the window. "Please stop."

"Where have you been?" Kyoka scolds Kira, her hands on her hips. "The fog came in so fast. I couldn't see anything!"

"I'm here now, aren't I?" Kira replies, throwing her arms up dramatically.

The last thing she wanted was for anyone to know about her and Shoji - she couldn't betray his trust in her after being so open and honest about his feelings, though some part of her tells her that he won't actually mind if anyone were to find out about his feelings for Kira. The people Kira could tell was actually Kirishima and Mina. However, Kira isn't really on speaking terms with the former, so it could just make things incredibly awkward. Kira may have to just hold her tongue for now.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Kyoka adds, staring up and down at the poncho. "Is that Shoji's?"

"Yeah," Kira says, nodding slightly, as she too marvels at the clothing. "I bumped into him- well, he helped me when the fog rolled in, and gave me his poncho for the cold."

"Why?"

"Why what?" Kira repeats, noting Kyoka's slow, suspicious drawl. "He said it's because I have no shoes."

Kira looks down at her feet, wiggling her toes, now sprinkled with damp dirt and Kyoka nearly bursts out laughing. "Are you kidding?" She covers her mouth with her hands. "You haven't brought a spare with you?"

"No," Kira mutters. "If I did, I would be wearing them by now."

"Aha!" Kaminari bellows, pointing at Kyoka from by the window. "I'm not the only one that isn't prepared."

"Oh, shut it, Kaminari!" She yells, threatening to lob one of the sofa cushions at his head.

"Have you got a spare?" Kira asks her friend meekly.

Kyoka freezes. "Uh... no, actually. I forgot an entire bag of stuff."

"You what?"

"I can see it sitting on my bed back at the dorms now." Kyoka pretends to envision it, her head in her hands. "It had all my spare and extra stuff in it, so luckily it wasn't, like, a super important bag, but still annoying."

"Well, what am I supposed to do?" Kira moans, on the brink of accepting defeat. "I can't go hiking with no shoes on. I'm gonna have to sit this one out, I think."

"Did nobody here bring an extra pair of damn shoes with them?" Kyoka spins to both Kirishima and Kaminari who raise their hands in surrender.

"You guys go have fun," Kira whines, as she drags herself up the stairs of the cabin.

"Would you knock it off, Akira?" Kyoka snaps, picking up on her behaviour. "Stop being so dramatic. I'll go and see if the girls have any spare shoes. I'll be damned if Momo doesn't have another pair with her."

"You can't go out there now!" Kira calls after her from the middle of the staircase. "You'll catch a cold."

"I'll be fine," she argues. "I'd rather risk a cold than listen to you mope."

"Alright, alright!" Kira pleads. "I'll shut up, just don't go out there. Are you crazy?"

Kyoka looks up at Kira, one foot in her shoe. "As soon as the rain stops, I'll go and ask for you, okay?"