Chapter 89 - Meeting The Two Underground Heroes: Visage And Vibe!

~~~

There wasn't much Kira could do for Kirishima except just simply being there. Other students from class 1A visited when they could, some more than others. But, it was estimated to still be another few days before Kirishima could be released from hospital. He claimed he felt back to normal, ready to get back out there again, but the nurses were insistent that he stay longer. Any further damage too soon into his healing could really jeopardise the process.

Recovery Girl worked hard and stayed long hours to ensure that every hero that took part in the Shie Hassaikai raid was tended to, but even her Quirk has its limits.

So, Akira had to impatiently wait for Kirishima to recover. As the small bus trundled along the path, Kira bit the nail of her pinky finger, her thoughts nothing but Kirishima. She wanted to be by his side while he was in the hospital. She wanted to see his eyes light up again. Like they used to.

Whenever Akira went to visit her partner, and that was pretty much every day, something was different with him. Inside him. Like the long, lonely hours with nothing to do but stare up at the ceiling has given him a new sense of clarity. Like he had something he needed to do.

Kira wanted to help him with that, but here she was. Back at the training grounds. As much as she wanted to linger on Kirishima more, she had a promise to keep to herself. That was to focus on her Quirk and beat this exam, so that she was no longer a burden on anyone.

The bus rolled to a squeaky stop outside the building, parked beside a few other buses. Akira hopped out first, followed by Bakugou and then Todoroki.

"What do you think we're gonna do this weekend?" Kira mumbles her question.

"I'm not sure," Todoroki answers honestly. "We've been doing lots of written exams lately, so maybe we'll be back to another physical examination."

"Whatever," Bakugou cuts in. "Let's get this over and done with already."

Only Present Mic was present to accompany the three of them to the building, as Mr Aizawa had to stick by the new children that were rescued from the Shie Hassaikai. It was mainly Eri that needed to be kept close by, as her Quirk was still unpredictable and Aizawa, along with the boy, seemed to be the only ones capable of stopping her when she goes out of control.

"Come on then, kids," Present Mic says enthusiastically. "We've got something special planned today."

Kira frowns back at her teacher as she ascends the steps to the front door. "How do you know what we have planned for today?"

"Oh, well, I'm in cahoots with the examiners, of course." Present Mic shrugs, his arms in the air. "But I'm sworn to absolute secrecy. You won't get a word out of me."

Akira honestly can't tell if he's joking or not, but keeps her opinions to herself, as she enters the building first and makes her way to the hall, like clockwork.

Here, Kira immediately notices two familiar faces - they were present during the physical exam where they had to rescue civilians from a massive car pile up. One of them created the disaster, but Kira wasn't able to witness the others persons Quirk.

Other students were already waiting, their cases clasped tightly beside them as they eyed the UA students. They'd obviously caught note of what had occurred a week ago, during the Shie Hassaikai raid. The others schools weren't blaming them for anything, were they? After all, Kira and the others had absolutely nothing to do with it, of course.

Bakugou simply sent his own daggers back as the students, unphased by their attempts to scare him and the UA pupils. No one could compare to Bakugou's seething rage.