Chapter 125 - The (In)Capability Of Change

~~~

Tomorrow was the day of the school festival. The annoying details have finally been straightened out and the class were pretty much ready to perform. They were all gathered in the hall where the live event will be played, practising their routine late in the evening. The dance team were listening to Mina's every command, performing the dance diligently as Kira watched from where the audience would be standing tomorrow, her feet tapping against one another to the beat as she sat beside Sero.

"We'll have to clear out of the gym soon!" Kirishima reminds everyone. "But, we should have enough time for one more run through!"

There were no instruments on the stage, but the music team were here too, perched on the stage with the rest of the dance team.

"You heard him!" Mina orders the other exhausted students. "One more time! And a one, and a two..."

Bakugou grumbled his annoyance at having to repeat his movements. With him being on the drums, he doesn't participate in any of the dancing, but that means he still has to take part in the routine as a whole. He's lacking patience for the other hardworking students. Instead, he again takes a seat where the drums would be positioned on the stage, as Momo, Kaminari, Tokoyami and Kyoka joined him towards the back of the stage. Kyoka hummed lightly, clapping and tapping the beat of her song, as the dance team started their routine from the beginning for the thousandth time.

"Okay, then after that bit," Mina was saying, gesturing to the middle of the stage. "Aoyama then goes here, while Midoriya books it off stage."

"I was scared we were gonna seem like amateurs," Sero mutters, as Mina continues to take control of the situation on the stage. "But things are looking good."

Kira looks up from her feet straight out in front of her and up to the stage, where Mina scolds Midoriya on his lack of passion for his role. Kyoka is lecturing Bakugou on his random improvised notes during their rehearsal once again.

"The band and dance teams are stepping up their games and putting in the work," Sero adds. "Guess it helps that Ashido's a merciless coach."

"Yeah," Kirishima says softly and Kira slowly turns her head to her once beloved, the only thing separating them being Sero. "Dancing's her thing, so she's taking it really seriously."

"You went to the same middle school as her, right?" Kira wonders, sitting up from having been leaning back on her palms and crossing her legs.

Kirishima doesn't take his eyes off Mina on the stage as she helps Iida try to relax his limbs. "I did," he replies. "Though, we didn't talk much being in different social groups."

"I see," Kira mumbles, turning her head to her classmates on the stage. "Everyone's working really hard to make sure this all goes well." She then clears her throat and starts fiddling with her shoelaces, her head down. "I think that maybe Bakugou fired everyone up with his speech and all."

"No, I think you're right," Kirishima agrees. "But, I gotta admit I'm getting a little nervous...."

Kira looks away from her shoes to offer a slither of solace. "Well, we won't be on the actual stage in front of everyone. I doubt the audience will look up." She gestures to Aoyama as he gets lifted into the air by Midoriya up high on the catwalk. "Our job is pretty simple - all we have to do is provide a bit of glitter and make it look pretty."

"I guess you're right," Kirishima mutters his reply, as they all look up at Aoyama, who seems to be enjoying himself.

Suddenly, the main doors of the school hall bursts open and pro hero Hound Dog emerges, bellowing at them all. "It's already nine o'clock! Students should've cleared out of the gym by now!"

Stuck With You | Katsuki Bakugou x OC [Book One]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara