Chapter 130 - The Return Of Hitoshi Shinso

~~~

Ever since Akira discovered the truth about her classmate, Izuku Midoriya, she's tried to keep things normal, just exactly how they were. But, for some reason, she finds herself keeping her distance from her classmate, Bakugou included. It's like the second she gets too close, all of her knowledge will spill out of her, exposing Midoriya to more dangers than she can even imagine.

A few days had passed since the Hero Billboard Chart, since Endeavour and Hawks faced off against that monstrous Nomu and everything had returned to some semblance of normality. Kira had given some thought to Midoriya's secrecy, the reasoning behind it all and if she were in his position, she would have kept it a secret too. The more people that know about his Quirk's origins, the more danger that puts them all in. If All Might's power truly can be transferred, then what's to stop a villain from trying to get their hands on it?

Classes resumed like usual and it had started out with a drill, an exercise against two of the big three: Tamaki Amajiki and Nejire Hado. They pretended to be villains during this training exercise, but they were eventually bested by Class 1A, though Kira didn't feel like she helped out much at all. Bakugou took down Amajiki with the help of Kirishima and Kaminari, while Mina, Sero and Momo dealt with Hado. Kira couldn't even help out with the rescue of Mirio during this task - everything was just moving too fast for her to comprehend.

The start of December was steadily approaching and it had gotten chilly enough to bring out the winter versions of their hero costumes. Class 1A were gathered at Training Ground Gamma for their physical session and Kira readjusted her winter costume until it suited her comfortably. It didn't have many changes due to the heat that radiates from her skin when she uses her Quirk, but Hatsume was able to supply her with gear that could withstand her capabilities.

As Kira fiddled with her gauntlets, Midoriya was gushing over Bakugou's new hero suit, describing it in detail that seemed to unsettle the latter. She still has yet to speak to Bakugou about their argument, but after learning new information, it's become harder to approach him without blurting out all of her secrets. She's keeping so many that she feels like she might explode. Now, she's waited too long and their silence has become all too normal. It's like their connection never even existed.

"Look who we have here," a new voice starts, causing Class A to cease their conversations to turn to the newcomer. Though, Kira knew who that voice belonged to, the smug tone, the egotism dripping off his words. "Relaxed and full of yourselves, as always," Class B Neito Monoma adds, approaching the eager Class A students with the rest of Class B in tow. "Obviously, you underestimate us."

"There you are!" Kirishima responds, smashing his fist in his palm. "We've been looking forward to this."

"Ha! Is that so?" Monoma barks, his triumphant tone never wavering. "I'm not sure why. There's no way you stand a chance against us in this exercise. Come on, Class A! Let's see who's best once and for all!" He yells, even though he's very much within earshot, before pulling out a piece of paper from who knows where. "You better take a closer look at this survey! I took it at the festival and it's enlightening! I asked what was better: Class 1A's pathetic attempt at being rock stars, or Class B's obviously superior play!" He then dramatically peers at his own survey, seriously overdoing every movement he makes just to prove a lame point. "Aw, what's this? We won by two votes?" He adds, as Kirishima snatches the sheet of paper from him and allows Sero and Kyoka to gawk at it. "You guys have been hogging the spotlight ever since we started school, but your standing around campus is crap!"

"Seriously?" Kirishima complains, holding the survey so tightly, it looks like it might tear in two. "Did we somehow blow it at the festival?"

Kira finally stops adjusting her gauntlets so they're secure on her arms, and faces Kirishima more directly. He looks upset at the results brought up from Monoma, but a two point difference still isn't bad, by any means. Kira just hopes that the students at UA did feel at least a tiny bit happier at their performance at the festival. Even if it was just for that day.