Chapter 38 - Refusing The Light

~~~

It was an unpleasant silence as Hatsume finished up her costume. But afterwards, she had eventually joined up with the others back at the dorms. Because of the lateness, Aizawa decided that other small groups were going to have to visit Hatsume during the upcoming days.

Kira sits on one of the many sofas, her legs crossed under her as she skims through one of the magazines that Toru had bought from the store one time.

"I'm bored!" Mina announces to the world.

"Go to bed," Kira mumbles.

"No way! I'm too pumped." She decides to prove her point by jumping up from the sofa and spinning on the spot. Her classmates watch her with curiosity. "I blame all the training we did today - I've still got all this adrenaline."

"Yeah, I thought I'd be pretty tired," Kaminari adds. "But turns out I'm more charged up than ever."

"We should celebrate!" Mina announces once she's stopped spinning. "Go to the beach... or have a party?" She gasps suddenly. "A beach party!"

Kira doesn't look up from the magazine. "There's not really much to celebrate right now, Mina," she mumbles her reply.

"What do you mean? Of course there is! Both you and Bakugou came back to us!"

"At what cost?" She retorts. "All Might has retired. And now there's no pro hero strong enough to keep the crime rate from skyrocketing. No offence, Todoroki."

"No problem." She hears his voice directly behind her and is surprised to see him reading the magazine over her shoulder, his arms resting on the back of the sofa.

"Besides," Kira adds to Mina. "I don't really think going to the beach is such a good idea anyways. The League of Villains are still out there somewhere and they might try a take two of their little kidnapping scheme."

"Well, why don't we just have a party here?" Ochaco suggests.

"Perfect!" Mina beams.

"We can even invite class 1B over," Tsu adds.

"No, no, no," Kaminari butts in. "I'm not having that weirdo Monoma over. He'd totally kill the mood."

"I dunno, might not be such a bad idea." Kirishima shrugs.

Kira laughs at that, glancing up from her magazine. "You're only saying that so you can see Tetsutetsu."

"Oh come on, Kira!" Mina whines. "We could all use a little bit of fun. You know fun, don't you?"

"Whatever." She sighs in defeat. "Just don't go too crazy, Mina. I doubt Aizawa will be happy when he hears bass music rattling the foundations."

Mina squeals in excitement, pulling the other girls with her, bickering about planning it already.

"I don't even know why they're asking my permission anyways," Kira mutters under her breath as she watches them board the lift.

She averts her attention back to her magazine when she feels the same eyes over her shoulder.

"See something you like?" Kira asks sarcastically, as she flips over a page.

He leans over the sofa and points to a certain image of a particular lotion. Kira frowns at his finger pressed on the page and shifts her body to stare up at the boy. His eyes portray a certain element of curiosity at the book.

"What? You never seen a magazine before?" She jokes.

Speaking of, the only reason she was flicking through in the first place was because it contains skincare products. She was wondering what she could use to help ease her new burn. It had healed surprisingly fast, but a lotion could help also.