Chapter 132 - With A Little Bit Of Help

~~~

As if Kira's inability to control her own Quirk wasn't enough, Midoriya revealed some surprising new powers of his own during his battle against Class B. Strange black tendrils unleashed from his arm, destroying the arena with vicious fashion. Midoriya looked like he was in pain as this new ability surged and Kira couldn't help but wonder where this new power came from. Does it have anything to do with where his Quirk originally came from? After all, All Might never possessed a power as scary as the one on the screen. It lashed out wildly, striking both Class A and Class B students, reducing the buildings around him to mere rubble.

The teachers left to put a stop to this madness and through all the chaos and confusion, Kira hadn't even noticed her eyes heal themselves. By the time Midoriya's new Quirk had disappeared, with the help of Shinso and Ochaco, Kira's vision had resumed to normality, granting her the ability to see in colour once again.

Shinso's brainwashing Quirk had the strength to stop an out of control power - it gave Kira an interesting thought. If his Quirk is capable of stopping Midoriya's bizarre new power, then maybe it can do the same for hers. Maybe... The last thing she wanted to do was involve Shinso in something as dangerous as her Quirk, where he could easily get hurt. Besides, he has his own goal in mind and she doesn't want to get in the way of his future with her selfish intentions.

Quitting was still the best option for her at this moment.

As crazy as Midoriya's new power was, it still arose a million more questions within Kira, questions she would probably never find the answers to and as much as that fact annoyed her, she didn't have the choice but to shove its mysteries aside and face her decision. Kira waited while Aizawa scolded Class A on their results for their battle against Class B, even though they won in the end. But, that wasn't the point. Not really.

As Mr Aizawa and Vlad King dismissed the students and they all gathered in their bubbles to head back to UA, bickering about their previous fights. Kira heard Monoma goading Class A behind her, as she waited until her classmates were out of earshot before approaching her homeroom teacher. Shinso had also decided to loiter behind the classes - maybe he feels as though he doesn't deserve to walk with them yet.

"Mr Aizawa?" Kira speaks up tentatively and he turns to her slightly.

"What is it?" He asks. He doesn't sound happy. Perhaps it has something to do with Midoriya's new ability. After all, it does bring up a whole new series of problems.

"I think... No - I've come to a decision," she tells him, forcing herself to stand a little straighter. "Shinso can take my spot in the Hero Course."

Aizawa turns to her fully, his eyes narrowed sceptically, as if he was expecting some sort of prank. "Come again?"

Kira nods slightly, trying to muster up some courage to face her stringent teacher. She notices Shinso turn slightly, observing her conversation at the mention of his name. "I'm not fit to become a hero," she adds. "My Quirk- it's too unstable. I'm hurting more than I'm helping."

Aizawa sighs heavily, as if he knew this would be coming. "I'm afraid that's not an option."

"What?"

"I can't just let you give up," he explains. "Becoming a hero isn't supposed to come easily. You have to overcome your limitations to become who you truly are."

"But... my Quirk-" she stammers. "It effected me again today. But, I kept it hidden."

"I know. I'm not an idiot."

Kira hesitates, frowning up at her teacher. "You didn't say anything."

Aizawa returns her gaze, before looking to the side. "I was waiting for you to come clean about it yourself," he says. "Accepting your mistakes isn't a bad thing." He then looks over Kira's shoulder and she turns her head, noticing Bakugou yelling at Kaminari and Sero as they start to head back. "Even if someone tells you otherwise."