Chapter 22 - Fighting The Dirt Beasts Of Beast's Forest

~~~

Kira's first term was over. However, there was no time to rest as the Training Camp was just around the corner. As she performed her sit-ups in the field behind her house, Kira couldn't hide the jumbled thoughts that invaded her mind. "I know. And I'm willing to wait." That's what Kirishima said to her that day. It's been a couple of weeks since Midoriya's encounter with Shigaraki at the shopping centre - his face still gives Kira chills.

Kira stopped her sit-ups and waited under the shade, sweat dripping down the side of her face, her loose hair sticking to her skin. Another thing that bothered Kira was the fact that her mother has been absent for most of the time. Occasionally, she catches her in the evening, just a dark shadow in her house, but she doesn't speak to Kira anymore. She doesn't even train with her.

The dummies that Light Bringer left in the field are still here, having been replaced by one of her many sidekicks, their faces blank. Kira had given a lot of thought about using her Quirk in order to manipulate her enemy, especially if she were to come across the League of Villains again... Or just Shigaraki for that matter. She still curses herself for freezing up that day. The four of them could have taken him - then and there. But at what cost? She thinks to herself. Any one of the civilians in that shopping centre could have gotten caught in the crossfire. Kira sighs to herself as she pulls herself to her feet. So perhaps it's for the best that Shigaraki got away.

The sun burns down on Akira's shoulders, as she leans over for her bottle of water. These weeks have been pretty lonely just by herself with nothing to do but train - it would be interesting to meet her classmates again.

~

"Don't think that this will mean months of rest for you heroes in the making," Aizawa tells the students as they wait for their bus to arrive. "At this camp, we'll push you to go beyond your limits. You're aiming to become Plus Ultra."

"Yes, sir!" The class chant simultaneously.

Class 1B greeted them, before they all clambered onto their own bus. Class 1B's Kendo was a perfect example of Iida - she must be their class representative. Finally, 1A's bus pulled up and Iida ordered them all into the bus in 'an orderly fashion', in which they decided to completely ignore him and pile into the bus.

Due to the odd number, Kira sat at the back of the bus and crossed her arms over her chest as she glared out the window. No one decided to pay her much attention - for that she was grateful. Not even Kirishima seemed to try and get her attention and based on how they left things off, this definitely surprised her. If anything, she thought he would at least want to sit next to her and discuss their situation - about the Training Camp and their relationship.

Kira sighed and closed her eyes as the bus rumbled up a hill and up a windy road by a cliffside. Perhaps she thought too much into it - Kirishima probably just had a little crush and these past few weeks has given him some clarity. If that's the case... Kira doesn't know how she feels about it. Kirishima is a breath of fresh air - he's funny, loyal and energetic, so if he's really gotten over his feelings for her then it would be a shame. Yet, it will definitely allow Kira to focus on herself during her time at the Training Camp, so she can develop her Quirk even further.

Kira's eyes open as the bus comes to a squeaky stop by a random cliff side. She doesn't know how long she and her classmates were on the bus for but, to be honest, Kira was starting to grow sick of the noise, despite the fact she was excited to see them all again. She was thankful when Aizawa ordered them all off the bus, where the class were confronted by a vast ocean of trees and mountains.

Kira wipes a bead of sweat that started to form across her brow and peers over the forest, before she's ambushed by two pro heroes claiming to be the Wild Wild Pussycats. They were both enthusiastic and eccentric - Kira was way too hot and bothered to deal with them.