Chapter 91 - Past Experiences Brought To Light

~~~

Akira's ears were ringing back into a muffled focus as she glared up at the underground duo, cackling away still atop a pile of rubble, their arms wrapped around their stomachs in fits of prideful glee.

Ever since Visage ushered them all with glamorous new outfits, Bakugou hadn't stopped swearing at them, threatening them with colourful insults, but it didn't come across as intimidating as he definitely wanted, not dressed like that. The students were still unable to move too, still trapped under Vibe's Quirk, so all Bakugou could do was stand there, his arms locked by his sides as he continued his slander of curses.

"This is ridiculous," a random nearby student ushers aloud, their tone laced with unfathomable awe. "This can't seriously be the actual exam, right?"

All Kira can do is cast her eyes down in shame - they were warned about the two heroes from the start, but didn't take the time to truly think about her situation and what that might actually mean. Sure, she devised a small plan with her classmates, but didn't come up with a plan B in case it all goes awry and now look at her... stuck.

"Hey!" Camie shouts from behind Kira suddenly, jerking her from her thoughts. "Instead of just yelling, how about you actually do something?"

"Oh, shut the hell up, you idiot!" Bakugou simply retorts, his eyes never leaving Visage and Vibe. "I don't see you coming up with a plan!"

"He has a point," Todoroki joins in. "Earlier, me and Kiriya had an idea-"

"But, it hasn't really panned out like we wanted," Kira cuts him off.

Todoroki moves his eyes to her slowly. "Right," he says hesitantly, unsure of her sudden attitude. "But, I did find out a possible weakness about Visage," he tells her.

"Even if you did, it's not like we can do anything about it now." Kira sighs, but when Todoroki doesn't answer, she sighs again, more forcefully this time. "You might as well spill then," she says, wanting to throw a lazy arm up to emphasise her point. "What did you figure out?"

"As I was hiding and you and Bakugou were confronting the both of them," he starts. "Vibe was getting a lot more uncomfortable with your accusations and I noticed that Visage was also wary, but not because of you, Kiriya. She seemed to want to keep Vibe calm."

"I did notice that myself too actually," Kira says thoughtfully. "Just before Vibe attacked, Visage ordered him to stop."

"Maybe Vibe has lost control before?"

"It's possible," Kira agrees. "But, how does that help us here? Vibe seems to be under control now and he's gotten the best of us."

"Maybe we have to make him angry again."

"Are you crazy?" Kira blurts. "He nearly took the building down last time I riled him up."

"But now this time, we can all be prepared for his attacks," Todoroki says. "And we can work together to stop the both of them."

"This exam has gone on for long enough," Bakugou cuts in. "You idiots come up with an idea yet?"

Kira directs her frown at him. "I don't see you chipping in here. Got anything to add?"

Bakugou moves his gaze over to her, finally looking away from the underground heroes. "I don't usually let anyone tell me what to do," he says quietly. "But, these assholes have got on my last nerve and I'm not stupid. It's clear that these two have more than a few tricks up their sleeves and it'll take more than just my strength to stop them. So, if you've come up with a plan, just tell me what to do and I'll do it."