Chapter 140 - Learning How To Fly

~~~

While Endeavour's still hiding out inside his office, no doubt flicking through the Meta Liberation Army book that Hawks gave him, Kira, Bakugou, Midoriya and Todoroki are led down an adjoining corridor to where they can get changed into their hero gear. Burnin' still hasn't stopped talking since she met them, boasting about the number one agency, taunting the UA students by saying how lucky they are to even be here.

Maybe she has a point.

After all, for all four of them to be working under Endeavour must be no easy feat for the pro hero himself. Will he even be willing to teach them anything, or will he simply cast Kira aside to focus on his son? She should start by pulling her own weight and shaping up. What happened before was a disaster. An embarrassment.

"Here you are!" Burnin' gestures to four close knit doors, lined up down the hall beside each other.

"This is it?" Bakugou frowns at the doors, his head turning as he judges the discreet designs.

Burnin' directs her own frown towards Bakugou. "What did you expect? You're only here for the week, so you should consider yourselves grateful that I haven't thrown you out on the street already."

"Thank you!" Midoriya blurts, bowing his head several times.

Burnin' scoffs at Midoriya's actions, as he steps towards the door closest to him. "Get into your gear," she orders. "Endeavour will be ready soon, so you should be too!"

Midoriya nods eagerly, before vanishing inside his chosen room. Kira hesitates, before approaching the room beside his. Her hand pauses on the handle as Bakugou chooses the room beside hers and Todoroki enters the room on the far side. Inside, it's of moderate size. Quaint. Clean. This room is larger than her own at the dormitories, but Kira expected it to be quite large, considering this whole building belongs to the number one hero.

She places her bag and case on the bed and allows herself a few seconds to judge the interior a little further, noticing a bathroom attached as well. The bed itself is large, placed towards the left of the room. A tall lamp, a table and a dresser also decorate this room, but those aren't the objects that snag her attention. On the far side of the room, opposite the door, a window covers the entire wall. Kira approaches it gingerly, the view of the city below causing some unnecessary dizziness. She looks up and down the window, placing her fingertips on the glass, noticing how thick it is as she stares out at the glowing sun.

Kira turns her head to the left, knowing full well that Bakugou is in the room beside her, getting himself changed into his hero outfit. She shakes her head, erasing these thoughts from her mind and briskly covers the window with the dark blinds, plunging her into darkness. She switches on the lamp beside the bed and approaches her hero case, unclipping it. She merely stares down at her suit, folded neatly inside, with her gauntlets placed correctly into the moulds in the case. Her boots are tucked to the side - it's still a surprise to her that it all manages to fit inside. But, the cases are quite hefty. Metal and wide.

She reaches down to her top, feeling the unique material designed to suppress her heat. Hatsume really is a genius. Kira takes her hero suit and starts to change, feeling how easy her suit fits her body.

It doesn't take her long to get ready, as she ties her hair back off her face and grabs her boots and gauntlets, making sure she's fit for hero work one last time before leaving her room. Bakugou is already outside, alongside Todoroki and Burnin'. Seems they're just waiting for Midoriya.

Burnin' looks at Kira as she leaves and she can't but feel like she's being judged. Perhaps that's just the aura that the sidekick gives off. Kira can already tell that's she bold and unforgiving, but she also expects her to be. She can't have gotten this far working for Endeavour by acting soft and naïve.