Two Heroes (Part Four)

~~~

The tiny red robots are only half her height, but they don't seem to stop appearing. The walls around them open up, like great, ominous mouths and the robots leap out from them, landing on their little wheels and careering towards the four of them.

"Oh, calm down," Bakugou says, in a tone that just screams annoyance. "These things are nothing."

"They do seem kinda harmless," Kirishima admits. "After those two villains, I feel like this will be a piece of cake."

"What the hell are you talking about, shitty hair?" Bakugou retorts. "Those villains were a piece of cake."

"Whatever you say, man!"

"I guess you're right," Kira sighs, as the robots approach them, their red lights blinking on top.

"You never know," Todoroki says, ice particles swirling around his fist. "We have to be ready for anything."

"I know that!" Bakugou barks. "I don't need to hear it from you, Icy-Hot."

Kira slowly steps towards the row of robots, their heads swirling around as if analysing their potential opponents.

"You know," Kira starts, leaning over ever so slightly. "If you look at it this way, they're kinda cute-"

Suddenly, the robots start to blare out an irritating alarm and their middle sections open up, wiring shooting out from the hole.

"Hey, what the hell!?" Kira frowns at the wiring wrapped tightly around her arms.

There's so much of it, she can't even see her skin anymore. That doesn't mean she isn't able to use her Quirk though. As more robots launch over the first row, their middle sections opening, ready to capture her, Kira burns her Quirk around her arms, the light sizzling through the wiring. Their defences are tough - it takes all her energy to burn through.

The wires snap back to the robots due to the tensity of their hold on Kira, slapping them in their blinking faces. The second row of robots that leapt over the first launches another assault towards Kira, their wiring ready to capture her once again. However, familiar hardened arms snap down on them, chopping them in two.

"Kirishima!" Kira says, relief flooding her.

For some reason, she forgot about her classmates. Perhaps, it's the adrenaline pumping through her body, her blood rushing through her ears that made her feel alone. An ice wall slices by her side, wiping out a dozen or so robots. To her other side, wiring snaps towards Bakugou which he dodges with ease, a grin plastered across his face. Of course, he finds amusement in all this.

As a few robots are able to escape the carnage that is her classmates and rear towards her, Kira allows herself some space to attack, throwing herself backwards and extending her arms out. Her light travels down her skin, practically shimmering green and then a blinding white. Twin beams shoot out from her palms, incinerating the closest two robots. She repeats, firing her light Quirk in every which direction.

"They just keep coming!" She shouts, even though that's obvious.

"We need to get outta here!" Kirishima's muffled voice replies from somewhere to the left.

"Over here!" Todoroki yells from afar.

"Akira!" Kirishima echoes, his voice growing distant.

Kira fires another beam, spinning on her naked heel towards the sound of their voices. Around her, dozens of crippled robots twitch on the ground, smoke erupting from their gaping cracks.

"Die!!" Bakugou's voice - somewhere in her right ear.

"Kirishima?" She manages to say.

She doesn't remember when she got so discombobulated. Sometime during the battle, she lost her sense of direction, smoke rising from the ground, as if she were in the centre of an active volcano.