Chapter 136 - What Kind Of Hero Are You?

~~~

Akira Kiriya needed to question Katsuki Bakugou. In fact, interrogate seemed a more fitting word. But, all day she just couldn't find an opportune time to ask him, let alone find him. It was like he was purposely avoiding her, for some reason. Either that, or she's simply imagining things to better fit her desires.

Before she left to train with Shinso, Kira entrusted Bakugou with a few precious belongings and after she returned to the dormitory, she couldn't find them. She assumed he would have discarded them somewhere in the living room, or maybe given them to someone else to deal with. However, she asked around about her items, even though it was painfully late when she returned, but her classmates had no idea where her possessions were. So, after much searching, nearly turning her room upside down in the process, Kira reluctantly turned in for the night, deciding to grill Bakugou about her missing provisional license and Eri's card in the morning.

Alas, her findings were futile. All day, Kira glared at the back of his head in class, she searched for him during their breaks and now, at the end of the school day, he was still hidden from her. How was he escaping her?

"Kirishima!" Kira calls, waving her arm slightly to grab his attention. She squeezes past her classmates to reach him, as they leave UA.

"Hi," he greets as she joins him at his side. "What's up?"

She decides to get straight to the point, looking around still. "Where the hell is Bakugou?"

"Uh- Bakugou" - he mimics her motion, glancing around at the other students as they too start to leave the school - "I don't know, actually. He was just here." Kirishima then looks back to her, leaning closer to her ever so slightly to avoid any prying ears. "I take it you guys have made up?"

"Kind of- not really." Kira shakes her head abruptly. "He has something of mine. Something important."

"Oh." He looks surprised, his brows raised ever so slightly as he leans away from her again. "Well, if I see him, I'll let him know you're looking for him."

Kira grumbles under her breath, her eyes still darting around, as if she'll be able to spot him amongst the crowd of tired UA students. To be honest, she probably could. Kira feels like she could find him anywhere. Not today, though. Clearly.

"I get the impression he's avoiding me," Kira mutters, with a half-hearted shrug. "I don't know why, though."

"Did something else happen?" Kirishima wonders.

Kira looks to him, her once-beloved, his eyes wide with curiosity and kindness. When did he get so interested in her convoluted relationship with Bakugou?

"Why?" She narrows her eyes suspiciously. "Did he say something?"

Kirishima scoffs, a nervous twinge in his tone, as he avoids her eyes. "You know Bakugou..." He says, but doesn't add anything more.

"Kirishima..." Kira says slowly, coming to an abrupt stop, Class 1A's dormitory roughly fifty feet away. She raises her finger, as if scolding a child. "If you know something-"

Her conversation is cut off by Toru's tell-tale excitable squeal. Kira looks towards the sound, only narrowly avoiding being flattened by her classmates, as they rush towards the dorms. All concentration towards her previous discussion simply evaporates, replaced by nosiness for the sudden behaviour caused by her friends.

"You think they're here for us!?" Mina's voice rings out.

Kira notices the reason for her friend's eagerness: reporters. There could be a limitless list as to why they've decided to show up after a normal school day. But, as they're waiting outside Class 1A's dormitory, it narrows the list down some. It could have to do with her, Bakugou and Todoroki taking part in defeating those criminals yesterday.