Chapter 68 - Getting Her Ass Kicked

~~~

So. There have been many times where Akira Kiriya has been mistaken. This time, the embarrassment that went along with it was something she could have done without. He wasn't a member of The Big Three for no reason, after all. Kira should have stuffed the arrogance in her back pocket before deciding to challenge the third year student.

The whole incident was over in a flash, from a bystander's point of view, like Mr Aizawa or Todoroki. But, to Akira and her classmates, it was like the entire world was in slow motion, as the fight unfolded.

Mirio Togata was rushing forwards, jetting towards them with such speed that it seemed he was too quick to see. Or such... he was transparent. Her guess wasn't too far off as Kira and the others watched in shock as their opponent seemingly disappeared before their very eyes.

Kira darted her eyes about the training facility, expecting him to pop out of nowhere with a Quirk similarly to Toru Hagakure. Invisibility is such a simple, yet strategic ability to have, if used correctly.

Whether it was a change in the air, or purely instinct, Kira felt Togata's reappearance and she whirled around on the spot, yelling to alert her teammates as the third year burst up from the ground. So, she can rule out invisibility.

The thing that shocked her and her classmates the most was his nudity. She allowed herself a few dozen rapid blinks and a quick glance back at his discarded clothes on the other side of the training grounds, before she willed herself to pull it together. At this point, the adrenaline has already begun to course throughout her body, causing her heartbeat to accelerate and her legs to tremble.

She couldn't waste any more time hesitating.

Unfortunately, Kyoka had already been completely swooned by his bare nakedness and he had stolen that to his advantage and delivered a devastating knock out blow to her stomach. Kira could only watch as her friend wriggled in pain by her feet.

"You're next!"

Kira snapped her attention back to Togata, sensing the change in the air as he swung a mighty fist towards her. All she could do in that instance was block and dodge - his speed is incredible.

Kira felt one fist connect with her forearms as she protected her face. That only meant that she then in turn left her stomach and ribs completely vulnerable. Kira bunched her knees up to her chin instinctively, already seeing his body movement change to send her a devastating blow like he did Kyoka.

"Oh!" She hears him remark. "Seems like you're an intellect when it comes to close quarters too, eh? And here I mistook you for simply long-distance!" He chuckles to himself. "Looks like I'll have to improvise here!"

Kira frowns to herself, feeling her skin already start to bruise from his harsh attacks - what the hell does he mean by improvise?

She feels him grab her by the wrists, ready to throw her, either into her classmates or into a wall. Either way, Kira was already not a fan of this improvisation. Normally, she would grab onto her opponents clothes to stop them from tossing her aside, or at least drag them with her. In this case, he was still in fact, very naked.

Because of him being absent of any clothing, it made her unwillingly flush head to toe. It's a perfect distraction in combat, whether it be a planned move or not.

So, instead of grabbing onto him, Kira decided to brighten her arms further. Clearly, the green radiated heat coming from her arms wasn't fazing him at all. She felt the heat increase, her arms glowing until it was getting too bright to see. At least, that's what she planned. After all, her own Quirk doesn't bother her in the slightest. No matter how bright it may be, she's able to see through it.