Chapter 123 - How He Made Her Feel

~~~

Bakugou grins eagerly at her words, a hint of pride for her radiating off from him.

"You guys aren't fooling anybody!" One of the kids yells out. "We're better than you and we'll take you down to prove it!"

Bakugou is the first to leap out of the circle and aim his sights at the kids. "Oh? Then bring it on! Let's have a proper fight!" He teases, explosions rippling through his fingers.

Kira decides to hang back from the others, deciding to use her Quirk as a last resort. She doesn't want to risk anything at this point.

"What's the matter with you?" Camie wonders, looking at Kira's hands clutched to her chest.

Kira looks to her - she just seems curious, in no way judgemental. "It's my Quirk," she tells her. "Lately, it feels like it's got a mind of its own."

"Oh!" She gasps. "Is that why you weren't here last week? And the other two?"

Kira frowns at Camie, acting as if she's proud of herself for guessing. "You're perceptive only when you want to be, aren't you?"

"Looks like the kids have decided to attack now," Camie points out matter-of-factly, as a dust cloud starts to form around them all and Kira braces for an assault.

She keeps low as a series of different Quirks fling into the dust cloud, followed by a massive explosion. But, it wasn't Bakugou's doing.

"Pretty bold of them to attack without hesitation like that," Bakugou says, wafting away the dust cloud. "I'm almost impressed."

Todoroki copies Bakugou's gesture, clearing some of the air slightly. "They know that we're hero trainees. They likely feel they don't need to hold back against us."

"No way!" One of the kids exclaims in awe. "They're not scared of our Quirks at all? Seriously?"

"They think they're better than us, just because they're older," the kid's leader speaks up, encouraging them to keep attacking.

"Leave this up to me!" A girl with a brown ponytail announces, before firing some sort of heart-shaped projectile from her forehead. "Queen Beam - shoot!"

The pink projectile flies across the hall towards... Todoroki? But, he was just standing in front of her beside Bakugou. Kira looks back and sees that Todoroki hasn't moved, but there's in fact two of them!

The projectile collides into 'Todoroki', covering him in a puff of smoke. Though he appears unphased. Kira's still confused how there's two of them to even begin with.

"Hey," Todoroki from afar says, his tone warm and inviting. "Wow, you've got such a beautiful face, dear. Don't let that frown spoil the effect."

Blue roses and sparkles materialise in the space around Todoroki and Kira's jaw drops at the stunning scene. Suddenly, there's a pop and Todoroki transforms into Camie. Of course - Kira should have figured that out sooner, really. Now it makes sense how there were two of them.

"Sorry, hun," Camie teases the young girl. "Just a little illusion for ya."

Bakugou's muffled chuckling forces her eyes away from Camie and her Quirk and wonders if her ears may be deceiving her.

"You've got such a beautiful face, my dear," Bakugou repeats what Camie's illusion said, mocking the face and everything. "That killed me 'Glamouroki'! Seriously, I might die!" Bakugou continues to hide his laughter behind his palm and Kira simply cannot believe what she both saw and heard come from Bakugou.

"Bakugou!" Kira blurts, shocked and humoured by it all. "You didn't have to copy it exactly! I didn't even know you could do that!"

"Yeah?" He tilts his head to her, lowering his hand from his face. "Well, soak it in, because that was a one-time thing."