Chapter 90 - The Inevitable Conclusion

~~~

Because the students had ceased fire, Visage let down her defences, making the concrete wall vanish in a large bubble that popped out of existence. It left behind a crooked ceiling and rubble all over the place.

"Be on your guard," Kira says quietly.

"I know that," Bakugou snaps.

The other students keep quiet, watching the duo on the other side of the hall, anticipating their next movements. The students carried the details of the plan on a wave from one individual to the next, sharing it amongst the other schools.

For now, everyone seems to be going along with it. No one has decided to recklessly attack again, though Kira's certain Bakugou's itching to strike. All they have to do is be patient, then they'll be able to gather more intel on their opponents.

Visage and Vibe reveal themselves tentatively, their arms up ready to defend themselves if need be. But, none of the students attack. Not yet. The duo share a curious look with each other, before creeping closer to the students.

"You kids finally decide to be smart about this?" Vibe calls out to them.

"Don't reply," Kira orders the other students. "He's just trying to provoke you."

"You sure that wasn't a mistake?" He adds, stepping closer, his arms raised higher.

"Trying to make us feel nervous, huh?" Kira mutters under her breath. "See if one of us will second guess themselves?"

Kira glances around the number of students that have gathered together, stretching over the far end of the hall. They don't seem to portray hesitancy across their features, not from what Kira can tell.

The main thing she's worried about is Bakugou's boldness. He had better not mess this up for all of them.

"Come on, kids!" Present Mic suddenly yells through his microphone, the effect screeching around the hall, causing everyone to grit their teeth and wince. "The examiners have decided to give you guys several hints before you started! Don't underestimate these two!"

Kira frowns at their eccentric teacher, trying to sort through the hints and strategies that the judges may have offered prior to the exam. Is Akira going about this all wrong? Should she have chosen to take Vibe head on too?

What is Present Mic trying to hint at?

Vibe merely chuckles lightly. "He gets it," he says, nodding his head over at the judges table. "After all, the examiners did say that today's lesson is just to blow off a little steam. What was it he said: 'instill a bit of humour'?"

"That's just what we plan to do," Visage adds, creating a few bubbles around her fingers.

"I've got a bad feeling all of a sudden," Todoroki whispers to Kira.

"Yeah," she replies breathlessly, nodding slowly. "Me too."

"Did you really think that the two of us could take all of you young heroes down without a trick up our sleeve?" Vibe continues, buttoning up his sleeves to attach to his elbows, revealing his forearms. "We don't stand a chance in a battle with you lot."

"I hope you kids are ready for what we got planned," Visage says, making her bubbles grow exponentially.

"What's that on his arms?" Someone from another school questions loud enough for Kira to hear.

She squints over at the underground hero, where he ensures his arms are free from his clothing. It looks like mini speakers protruding out of his skin and hands. Looks uncomfortable, if Kira's going to be completely honest.