Chapter 121 - The Quarrel In The Music Team

~~~

Night fell on the busy students in class 1A's dormitory. A lot had been decided, like Momo was going to play the piano, Kyoka was going to be singing and Kaminari and Tokoyami were going to be the guitarists. Kira was selected to be on the special effects team, which she was more than pleased with. She didn't really want to be on the stage where people could point at the person who caused all of this in the first place. In fact, her classmates were adamant about Kira being on the special effects team, claiming that her light Quirk is versatile enough to create many different types of styles to woo the audience.

After her conversation with Bakugou, she didn't want to be on the stage with him anyway.

Midoriya, Kirishima, Ochaco and Tsu returned sometime during the night, claiming they've finally caught up on everything they missed while they were away saving the day. So, Iida filled them in on the plan and they seemed pleased with how it had all turned out, eager to get started and help out.

A few days of decision making and planning went by, while tackling normal classes and training to improve her Quirk and Kira was starting to feel the weight of it all. Kira could hear the music team elsewhere in the dormitory and hearing Bakugou yell out his determination with every other beat somehow shoved away the weariness in her bones, as if his perseverance was becoming her own.

"I'm not sure we've got enough people to pull this off," Kirishima announces, tapping the end of his pen against a stack of papers on the table.

"Let's see," Kira says, frowning at the papers as Kirishima hands them over. She skims over this section of the routine and then up at Aoyama. "You're right. It'll be difficult to tackle this part" - she points to a paragraph of words - "when you're handling the ice part with Todoroki."

Kirishima shrugs, resting his arms on the back of his head as he gently rocks in his chair. "I dunno, I'd probably just break the rope with my Quirk."

"So, you're saying we need someone with a strength type Quirk to handle this part?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying." Kirishima stops rocking in his chair to nod his reply.

"I see," Kira mumbles. "In that case, I'll go and run it by the dance team before they get too carried away." The chair scrapes on the ground as she stands and leans over the table to point at a folder that Koda was looking at. "In the meantime, Sero maybe you can help Koda with this part here."

"Sure thing." He nods as Kira excuses herself to find the dance team.

As she nears the main doors of the dormitory, she hears Mina barking orders, until she doesn't and when she makes her way outside, shielding her eyes from the sun with her arm, Kira finds Mr Aizawa, Mirio, Eri and Lucas greeting the class 1A students.

"Is- is that Eri?" Kira hesitates, her steps faltering as she jogs down the stairs and across the space to the gathering. She squeezes between her curious classmates just as Aizawa was explaining the reasoning behind their appearances. "And Lucas!" Kira finishes, kneeling in front of the pair.

"Kira," Eri whispers plainly, gripping her small bag tightly.

"I didn't think I'd see you again," Kira says breathlessly, hiding her happiness at having her name remembered. "Either of you."

"Wait - you know each other?" Mirio speaks up, looking at Eri slightly. "Why didn't you say anything?"

Kira recognises the softness of the third year's tone when addressing the fragile girl, her heart warming at the sensation. "We've met a few times now actually."

"How?" Midoriya questions from behind Kira and so she gets to her feet to view him properly. "You weren't even involved with the Shie Hassaikai."

"I know." Kira sighs. "Call it dumb luck, I guess."