Chapter 19 - The Challenging Final Exams

~~~

The final exams arrived quicker than Kira would have liked. With everything that's been going on in their school year already, it's been difficult to get any actual studying in. From the USJ attack, to the Sports Festival to the Hosu attack, there's been too much happening to even process for that matter. Now, the students have to cram in three written exams and a final practical exam. Kira placed sixth in her midterm paper, but she knew she could do better than that. She had to.

After lunch, they all went back to their homeroom, after having learned from Kendo from class 1B that the practical exam will be against the same robots from the entrance exam. That was a relief to say the least - Akira's already greatly improved since then, as has been proven at the obstacle course during the Sports Festival. Several others were just as relieved to hear it was just robots too.

"It shouldn't matter if it's robots or actual people," Bakugou speaks up suddenly, causing Mina and Kaminari to stop cheering. "Why are you morons so excited?"

"Hey!" They reply simultaneously. "Who you calling a moron?"

"Shut up! You need to learn how to control your Quirk!" Bakugou retaliates, before turning on Midoriya. "Hey, Deku! I don't know what's going on with your power, but, I saw the way you're using it and I want you to know... it's seriously pissing me off."

It's been a while since the class has experienced Bakugou so fired up again.

"I won't have another half-assed win like the festival," he continues. "We'll be getting individual scores in the upcoming finals. New rankings. So we'll all know exactly where we're standing! I'll show you how much better I am!" He goes to turn away, not before confronting Kira next, slamming his hands on her desk violently. "And you... You better not think about passing out like you did during the Sports Festival. I'll destroy you too!"

He leaves the homeroom with a slam of the door.

"I haven't seen him act like that in a while," Kirishima says quietly. "It's kind of scary."

"Do you think it's impatience, or hatred?" Tokoyami adds.

Kira just stares at the spot he was standing as he threatened her. She really didn't want to come across him at all during their final week.

The written exams were challenging. Hopefully, Kira answered the questions correctly - maybe she'll be a higher ranking than in the midterms, though she doubted she'll have beaten Yaoyorozu or Iida. Even Bakugou for that matter.

It was the final task of their week: the practical exam. All the students were outside the central plaza in their costumes (thankfully Kira's had been repaired quickly after she 'rescued' All Might) face to face with the pro hero teachers.

"If you wanna go to the Training Camp, don't make any stupid mistakes," Aizawa says.

"Uh, why are all the teachers here?" Kyoka wonders.

"I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what you'll be faced with today," Aizawa explains.

"We're fighting those big old metal robots!" Kaminari yells.

"Actually, this year's test will be completely different for various reasons." The principal pops out from underneath Aizawa's scarf. "The tests now have a new focus. They will be hero work of course. But there will be teamwork and combat between actual people. So what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in teams and your opponents will be one of our esteemed UA teachers. Isn't that fabulous?"

"Additionally, your partners and your opponents have already been chosen," Aizawa mentions. "They were determined by various factors including fighting style, grades and interpersonal relationships. First, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu are a team... against me. Then, we have Midoriya paired with Bakugou... and Kiriya and their opponent is-"