Chapter 84 - Amazing Things Take Time

~~~

A few students in Class 1A have been hiding something. Something huge.

As the weekend finally decided to show its face, a few select members of Akira's class have been agitated, quiet, disturbed, especially Midoriya. Even Kirishima has been eerily silent.

She originally thought that might have had something to do with what her and Bakugou sort of discussed a few days ago, about how Kirishima hasn't been himself lately, but this odd behaviour has transpired to a few others.

Tsu and Ochaco have also adopted the silent treatment. It started ever since they started their hero internships with their designated pros. Are they really that intense that it leaves them speechless? No, there must be something more to it.

But, Kira didn't have time to poke around for an answer as Todoroki reminded her of their license exam. Kira promised to get to the bottom of her friends strange behaviour - it even started effecting Midoriya's attitude during their training. He's lacking in spirit and mentality, no longer keeping up with her movements during the sparring.

No doubt, the three of them will probably just be doing written exams for the next few weekends to come. That's usually how this worked, while the judges decided on the next physical exam for them to overcome. Kira hated spending hours on the written exams, going cross-eyed staring at the white papers all day.

After the tedious written exams, Kira longed for the physical exams, no matter how challenging they are when the day comes around. At least, she was doing something. Something that at least felt productive. She was showing off her skills and proving to the judges, to Aizawa, to her classmates just how much potential she has to surpass most of the pro heroes.

But, stuck on this early weekend morning, Kira has to knuckle through the boredom that is the written exams.

Present Mic escorted the three of them to the bus that morning - Aizawa had other business to attend to, apparently. Still, that means that Kira and her classmates were able to avoid another earful from their homeroom teacher.

The single space desks were filed out accordingly, rows set out neatly for each school with name tags on each desk, named Katsuki Bakugou, Akira Kiriya and Shoto Todoroki in that order, alphabetical order according to their surnames. In front of the three of them was Shiketsu, and a few others beyond that, also named in accordance to their alphabetical last names.

As Kira eyed the judges across the hall, a chilly air escaped through a window up high in the premises, causing goosebumps to appear on her arms. She ached for another practical exam, after all, what exactly are these written exams proving? Patience? Capability? Kira already had plenty of that.

The directors voices were nothing but hollow husks when they explained the rules for the billionth time. Akira had already heard the details, having already taken previously written exams for the provisional license exam retake. It was dull and her skin itched for more activity.

Kira gripped her pen tight and glanced at her classmates on either side of her. One poised and collected, the other irritated, their jaw clenched with undying anticipation. She felt his pain in this instance, nothing to do but accept the fact this was a part of passing the licensing exam.

That didn't mean that Akira had to like it.

When the judges issued the go ahead to begin the written exam, Kira had to wallow in her senses before bringing herself to ogle at her papers for hours on end.

Now, several hours in, Akira's grown restless, her legs swinging slightly to the beat of the ticking clock, her pen tapping rhythmically against her desk.