Chapter 134 - Obtaining Her Provisional Hero License... Finally

~~~

Training with Shinso and Mr Aizawa helped more than Akira imagined it would. Of course, she still had the problematic issue of fixing something that seemed impossible. Ever since Kira argued with Bakugou, they've barely spoken to one another. There were the odd few words here and there and their short-lived conversation the day they had their team battle against Class B, but they never talked to each other like they used to. Kira was starting to really miss the way he looked at her, the way he spoke to her. His voice low, yet sincere, like he intended for only her to hear this unique tone he used. Like it belonged to only her.

However, Kira was still tentative to approach her classmate, to try and mend what broke between them. Bakugou was closed off, avoiding anything to do with his classmates that directly affected his progress. His goal was clear and Kira didn't know what to do in order for their eyes to meet once again.

Kira's training with Shinso was put on hold for now, as today was the day where she would find out the results leading up to her license exam retake. Bakugou and Todoroki were awake and ready to go, both eager in their own ways to learn their outcomes. The rest of Class 1A showed their enthusiasm and optimism towards the three of them, offering high fives and cheers of encouragement as Kira was all but shoved out the dormitory by her closest friends.

All Might awaited Kira, Bakugou and Todoroki today - Aizawa was tending to Eri and Lucas, as apparently something new and alarming seems to have made itself known with the former young one. Kira was lost on the details though.

"It's just me with you three today," All Might tells them, gesturing to the vehicle beside him.

Usually, the three of them and whoever is escorting them hop aboard a small bus in order to reach their desired location, but all they had today was a black taxi. All Might wasn't even driving. Isn't the location of these places supposed to be private? Kira sighs at the smaller vehicle and then looks up to All Might.

"What's with your faces?" All Might frowns at the students, his lanky form still managing to tower over them. "Do you three think you might have failed?"

"Of course not!" Bakugou yells back before Kira or Todoroki can respond. "I aced that stupid exam."

"It's perfectly okay to be anxious," All Might adds, ignoring Bakugou's response. "However, I think you three did great." He then opens the back door for the three of them. "Shall we?"

Kira bends over and peeks inside the car, before straightening and facing All Might. "Can't you order another one?"

All Might mimics her action, one hand on the door and peers inside the back seats, before facing her again. "Sorry," he says, sheepishly. "Even if another taxi was ordered, it most likely wouldn't arrive in time."

"I'll sit in the middle," Todoroki announces, actually picking up on Kira's uncertainties. "You go in first, Bakugou."

"Don't order me around, Icy-Hot," Bakugou mutters, but enters the taxi anyway.

Kira offers Todoroki a thankful smile as he clambers after Bakugou. All Might pats Kira on the shoulder twice as she approaches the car. She squeezes in beside Todoroki while Bakugou voices his complaints about the lack of personal space. All Might places their three cases into the back of the car, slamming the hood down, rocking the whole vehicle.

"We're all ready to go?" The driver asks, as All Might climbs into the passenger seat.

"Shut the hell up and drive already," Bakugou snaps.

The drive was an uncomfortable journey, with occasional unfriendly mutterings from Bakugou, a few fidgets from Todoroki and All Might trying and failing to strike up a conversation with the driver. Seems that he had picked up on Bakugou's foul nature and decided to keep his attention on the road in order to reach their destination quicker. Kira just thought it best to keep quiet and keep an eye on the world outside the window, her elbow on the door and her cheek resting on her knuckles.