Chapter 103 - A Week Off

~~~

Akira decided to ignore Midoriya's insinuation, even having trouble looking Bakugou in the eye. More so than usual anyways, as whenever some poor helpless soul caught a glimpse at him, he returned the look with a stare that would wilt the strongest of plants.

She refused to believe that she was the cause of Bakugou's new and improved behaviour, as if she was the one who could change such a person. Someone as insignificant as her doesn't have the personality, nor the simple enchantment to transform Bakugou into a kinder version of himself.

Kira had even declared it herself before that Bakugou was incapable of it. Did she say that? Or did she merely interpret that for anyone to love Bakugou, he himself had to change? And now, according to Midoriya, he has.

She shook off her thoughts and glued her head back down to her papers, staring at the blank page that should now be full with her answers. These new and terrifying ideas that have been implanted into her brain (no thanks to a certain classmate) are now clogging her willpower to focus on her written exams and seeing as she potentially flunked last weeks exams because of her recent breakup, she refused to fail this weekends ones too. She would not be the reason why UA High had to pull out of the provisional license exam course.

But, of course, her attention wavered, her eyes drifting off the page and eventually landing on her classmate to the right of her. His head was down, his eyes narrowed in intense focus. With his pen in hand, he scratched the back of his head, before scribbling down the answer to one of the questions. With being one of the smartest in the class, he probably wasn't finding the written exams all that difficult.

Kira had to force her eyes away, blinking rapidly when she realised that the person she was mesmerising was none other than Katsuki Bakugou. She scoffed to herself lightly, before grabbing her pen off her desk harshly, causing one of the examiners to look over in her direction curiously.

With only a few minutes left of the exam itself, Kira had started to feel the panic, her throat dry and her leg shaking, as she stared down at the blank piece of paper before her.

"Dammit," she murmurs under her breath, gritting her teeth in her frustration.

An anxious sweat made itself known to her, causing the hair on the back of her neck to stand on end and she cursed herself for feeling this way - so vulnerable and useless.

Kira ignored the ticking of the clock and allowed her eyes to clear, before skimming over each question, answering hastily. Writing down something is better than nothing.

"Okay, students," the director announces, his dark bags prominent today. "That's the end of another written exam. Please close your booklets and put your pens down. Someone will be around to collect your things."

As an examiner collected each exam paper down the aisle, Kira continued to scribble on her work - the last question, desperately wanting to write down something, anything.

"Kiriya," the lead director says firmly, his voice carrying from the other side of the room. "The exam is over. Put your pen down and close your booklet."

Kira freezes at the mention of her name and releases a nervous scoff, feeling all eyes on her as she slowly raises her head from her desk.

"Sorry," she replies, closing her work.

An examiner collects her booklet from her and Kira feels her temple beady with sweat. As soon as the director bid them farewell, Kira scooped her bag up from under her desk and didn't hesitate to storm out the grand hall.

"Oi!" Bakugou's harsh voice calls after her. "What the hell is wrong with you, moron? Don't you realise what you could have done?"

Kira turns back to him slowly, not sure what to respond with. "I know, I'm sorry."