Chapter 62 - The Weight Off Her Shoulders

~~~

They must have spent half the day in the living room, with Kira explaining as much as she can. Midoriya always had a question to a particular circumstance and no matter how extensively she answered, he never appeared to be satiated, as if he was determined to out her as a traitor.

"What else will it take for you to believe me?" She asks, leaning forward in her seat. "I mean, I've explained everything to you: Toga's trick about pretending to be my mother; my father's reappearance; my second Quirk. With Toga disguised as my mother, I betrayed the school and my friends. But, it was an accident." Kira pauses, searching Midoriya's eyes for some sense of understanding. "Tell me: what more do you need?"

"Where's the proof?" Midoriya says simply, looking up from his lap.

"Proof?" Kira repeats. "About which part?"

"All of it."

"I'm not sure how I can prove to you about Toga, but I know what I can do for now..."

Kira jumps up from the sofa, leaps over Bakugou's knees and speedwalks into the kitchen. She searches the drawers quickly, until she finds the object she's searching for. Kira turns on her heel, revealing the sharp kitchen knife to her classmates. They both tense at the sight of the potential weapon, but Kira assures them there's nothing to worry about.

"I don't know how long this is going to take," Kira admits, sitting beside Bakugou, closer to the blonde so he too can see the effects of her secondary Quirk. "My father theorized that my healing ability works at a slower rate than his. What appears to be the same is a nasty aftertaste."

With her free hand, Kira gestures to the scar on her neck, the work of the villain Dabi. With the knife, Kira rolls back the sleeve of her baggy jumper and with a deep breath, slices the blade across the skin on her forearm. She winces as it splits her skin with ease and her blood trickles down to her fingers. Neither one of her classmates seemed concerned about her actions and neither one of them tried to stop her.

This was understandable, though it did hurt to reveal that they would rather have her come clean about her faults by any means necessary, even if that meant self-harm. It was also interesting to view Midoriya this way - the one she assumed would die for her classmates and prevent them from any harm, no matter what it may be.

When her father showed her his Quirk that night, when he took her to the park and sliced his skin, his wound healed pretty much straight away, leaving behind nothing but a thin scar. With her, the wound bled for a minute or so, dripping onto the carpet at their feet.

"This would explain that day at the villain's base," Kira says, wincing slightly, as she reveals her slow-healing cut.

As Kira glares down at her arm, she feels Bakugou look up slightly, staring right at her, searching for more, for an explanation.

"After all, I was unconscious for two days," she continues, slowly removing her hand to let the others see the wound gradually healing. "That villain, Dabi, must have been assured that I was dead. Perhaps, the damage that he caused" - she points to her neck - "it would have been enough to kill an ordinary person if they didn't have this second Quirk of mine."

Midoriya's eyes seem locked onto her arm. Slowly, he reaches forward, his hand riddled with his own scars from past battles. Kira lets his fingers graze over the newly formed scar, as if fascinated.

"Does Mr Aizawa know about this?" Is all he asks.

Kira hesitates, a small frown forming on her brows. "No."

"Then what were you talking about with him yesterday?"

Kira keeps quiet for a moment. She's split up her secrets and now everything's caving down around her.