Chapter 23 - Dinner And Bathing

~~~

Kira could just about make out the Training Camp through the next section of trees. It's definitely been more than three hours seeing as the clearing in front of them has been blanketed in an orange glow, as the sun begins to set for the day. If anything, that means that they were fighting the dirt beasts for about eight hours.

They step out of the forest, their limbs aching and their breath shallow. All of them are worn out, including Bakugou, who always seems like he can keep fighting back forever. Honestly, Kira's just surprised she didn't overheat and that her Atomic power didn't get the best of her, like it usually does. Was she subconsciously holding back? Kira grabs her wrist, her skin still burning. If that's the case, then she'll never be able to give one hundred percent in her battles to come.

As class 1A approach Aizawa and the Pussycats, Kira remembers back to what Midoriya said after their practical exam against All Might: "So for now, I'm only producing about five percent of my power." Kira shakes her head with a slight scoff - for her to only produce a certain amount of her Quirk... It just seems impossible. Hopefully, she'll be able to learn some kind of strategy during her time at the Training Camp.

"I thought it would take you kids even longer!" The blonde Pussycat says, after class 1A muttered their complaints. "But you did much better against my dirt monsters than I thought you would! You guys were seriously great, especially... the five of you!" She points at Kira, Todoroki, Iida, Midoriya and Bakugou. "It seems like you've had quite a bit of experience!"

Kira takes a large step backwards as the Pussycat then lunges at the boys and Kira just stares in utter confusion as she fusses over the boys. Akira glances back at the rest of class 1A, who seem to be merely copying her own look of pure confusion.

The Pussycat eventually calms down as Midoriya questions her about the little kid who's been standing idly by the whole time. To Kira, he always looks pissed off.

"Oh, that's my cousin's kid!" The brunette Pussycat explains. "He basically lives with us now. Don't be shy, Kota. Say 'hi'."

Midoriya approaches the boy, sticking his hand out to shake. Suddenly, the boy, Kota, punches Midoriya right in the scrotum and Kira's jaw drops as Midoriya collapses to the ground in a heap.

Iida kicks up a fuss, rushing to Midoriya's aid as Kota sulks away, a dark expression on his face. Kira tries her hardest not to laugh at Midoriya's situation - she just wasn't expecting it.

"Hey, that brat's got spunk," Bakugou says approvingly, a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Yeah, he's like a mini version of you," Kira decides to say, looking from Kota then back to Bakugou.

"What are you talking about!?" He yells, stomping towards her with his hands balled into fists.

"Come on," she laughs, crossing her arms over her chest. "You're telling me you don't see the resemblance?" She shrugs in Kota's direction as he mutters some kind of obscenities towards Midoriya and Iida.

Bakugou spins his head to Kota quickly, before setting his sights back on Kira, filled with murderous intentions. "You need to shut your mouth before I blast you all the way to hell!"

"Yeah, sure," she replies simply, still chuckling over the similarities.

"Enough playing around," Aizawa interrupts. "Get your stuff off the bus. Once your bags are in your rooms, then we'll have dinner in the cafeteria. After that, you can bathe and sleep. Tomorrow your training starts in earnest. You better get a move on."

Kira and the other girls went one direction, while the boys went in the other. Mina had to hold Kira back from booting Mineta in the head as he tried to follow the girls back to their rooms.