Chapter 113 - Something Entirely Unique

~~~

Bakugou had scoffed at the display of lights high above, before helping himself to his own bowl of food and chooses to sulk on a nearby log where he keeps one watchful eye on the forest, like Kira should be. Kira decided to approach the girls with a quicker pace that urged desperation. If there was anyone she could confide in, it was them.

"Guys," Kira starts and her friends all turn to greet her. "I-"

Kira held her tongue - she couldn't tell them the frazzled thoughts that echoed her skull. She couldn't expect advice from her immature friends. If anything, they'd tease her for having these emotions, they wouldn't be able to keep their mouths shut, they'd laugh out loud at the ridiculousness of it all.

"You all enjoying your food?" She says instead, choosing to keep her questions locked tight inside, like that chest she discovered earlier.

They all look at their empty bowls and show them to Kira. They didn't need to respond for her to know.

"Bakugou's such a good cook," Toru comments and Kira unwillingly tenses at the name.

Kira frowns at her friend. "Hey, I helped too."

"Yeah," Mina adds. "We can tell which vegetables you sliced up, Kira."

Kira feints offence at the statement, before cracking a slight smile. "The fireworks are great, aren't they?" She says, shrugging up at them as they continue to erupt the sky.

"Yeah," Ochaco replies. "That bear didn't show up either, so I think it's safe to say you can relax."

Kira looks around at the mention of the animal, but the wildlife is still. "I'll relax when we're back in our own reality," she murmurs.

"Oh, come on, Akira!" Mina practically whines, taking her full bowl from her and passing it to Tsu. "You're supposed to be having fun! I've only seen you have fun a little bit since we've been here and I had to prank you to do it. Don't make me throw you in the water again."

Kira chuckles lightly at that. "I have been having fun, Mina," she assures her. "I just- have a lot on my mind."

The girls look at each other, with a slight knowing look, though Kira couldn't place it.

"Look," Mina says with a sigh, growing oddly serious for her. "Why don't you head back to your cabin - have a nice, long shower? Y'know, the type where you use up all the hot water."

"But-"

"Kira," Kyoka cuts in. "You're still wearing yesterday's clothes."

Kira looks down at herself, noticing the tear in her shirt where the bandage is visible. The bandage that Bakugou gave to her last night. She didn't even need it, but he offered it to her anyway.

"Right." She sighs. "Shower it is, then."

Granted, it was on her list already - she just hadn't gotten round to it yet. With a nudge from her friends, Kira trudged up to the cabin, bracing herself on the slippery slope. She wasted no time, grabbing her essentials from her room and turning on the shower. The only place missing from this location was a hot springs, one that would soothe her soul instantly, though this camp was small and basic and needed creativity for it to be fun. The hot shower baked the small bathroom, steam blocking her view within seconds, though Kira was still able to make out her body when she got undressed, that thin scar stretching across her side. Kira trailed a finger along it gingerly, as if it might split open again. This damage was done by just one of its claws - Kira hates to imagine what could have happened were the bear to have struck her fully. She may have been torn into two pieces!