Epilogue

"Mommy!" Sara, one of your twin three year old girls came running to you and wrapped her arms around your leg.
"Mommy!" your other twin daughter Natasha wrapped her arms around your other leg. You were carrying your two year old Laura, and you were heavily pregnant with your twin boys. Steve was over the moon that he was finally getting boys, but you could tell he loved having daughters.
"Daddy said one more sleep" Sara said with a huge smile on her face. They both had his blond hair and blue eyes, as did Laura. You were grateful they looked so much like him.
"Yes, one more sleep to your big birthday party" you giggled. "Go tell daddy that mommy needs some help" you told them. Both girls raced off in their pink leotards from ballet class earlier, still wearing their little tutu's. You had been trying to take the clothes off the clothes line when Laura fell and scraped her knee in the grass before the twins made their appearance. You had scooped up Laura quickly and you were holding her protectively to your chest.
Steve came out of your large seven bedroom house wearing a red flannel shirt and his dark wash jeans. He still sported the beard, but he had cut his hair a little shorter now.
"Angel, you know you shouldn't be doing this stuff" he rushed over as the girls traveled after him.
"Laura has a boo boo. Can you take her inside and put some antibiotic ointment and a bandaid on it" you asked him.
"Laura baby, come on honey" he took Laura from your arms and he looked at you pointedly. "Come in the house Angel" he said, and you looked at the laundry that was half taken off of the line. "I'll get to it, just come on. You shouldn't be on your feet this much" he reminded you.
"Doctor Cho said I could do light duties" you pouted, and he gave you a firm look.
"We will talk about this after, come on. Let's go in the house" he gestured for you to follow him. Both you and the twins followed him into the house where Bucky and Sam were sitting in the living room with a cold can of pop each.
"There's our girls" Sam cooed as the girls ran back into the room again. "You're too quick for us to give you a hug now?" he teased.
"Uncle Sam! Uncle Bucky!" Both of the girls chimed and ran to them. They each got a hug and the girls ran off again to grab their stuffed toys to show them off.
"Wow, do you two ever plan on resting?" Bucky chuckled, seeing you waddle into the room.
"Eventually" you giggled. "How long have you been here?"
"Ten, fifteen minutes tops" Sam replied.
"Loki's on his way with Thor, Nat and Bruce. They were worried about getting the perfect presents" Bucky told you. You nodded and took a seat with a sigh.
"We miss you two at the compound" Sam said with a smirk on his face.
"You know that once I hit the waddling phase Steve says we are taking maternity and paternity leave" you giggled.
"You've barely come back and you're out again" Bucky shook his head. "That punk needs to slow down so the rest of us can catch up"
"Did you finally meet a lady?" you asked, your eyes lighting up.
"Maybe" he seemed a little shy admitting it. "It's still new" he added and took a sip of his drink.
"She's a pretty little thing, works in the office" Sam offered quickly. "One of the team assistants" he wiggled his eyebrows.
"Oh that sounds interesting" you ran your hand over your belly. You were wearing a white dress and a pair of sandals since putting on anything else seemed like too much of a chore.
"Unkies!" Laura exclaimed as she came running into the room with a pink princess bandaid on her knee. She launched herself between Bucky and Sam who both gave her hugs and kisses. Steve came into the room and smiled at you, and walked straight to you, as though no one else was in the room.
"How did ballet practice go?" Steve asked, sitting down on the coffee table and pulling your feet up to be on his lap. He started massaging your feet and swollen ankles, with the same love in his eyes that you had always seen there.
"Good. They mainly danced around the room and didn't listen to instruction" you giggled. "The teacher says that they are all like that when they start out" you moaned as he hit just the right spot. Steve's eyes darkened with lust and your breath caught in your throat.
You still remembered the day you had married him. The twins were only a few months old, but both Nat and Laura walked them down the aisle as flower girls and as part of your wedding. You had worn a white dress fit for a modern day princess and Steve had cried as you made your first steps down the aisle on both Bruce and Clint's arms. You had an outdoor wedding here at the house in the summer. Bucky had been best man, Sam and Loki the other two groomsmen. Nat had been your maid of honor, since she had won a game of chess with Laura and they decided it that way. Laura and Wanda had been your bridesmaids.
Loki had been in his prime, helping you to decorate for the wedding, and it seemed like it was right out of a movie, it was so surreal. Right down to the roses and the fallen logs for the guests to sit on for the ceremony.
"Are you all done with work for today?" you asked Steve. He had been working remotely, and not on missions since you went on maternity leave again. He could say he was on paternity leave, but really, he rarely left work as is. He still had to have a hand in day to day activities. A secret you both shared though, was he was planning to fully retire soon. The house was already paid off, and between the two of you, you had enough money to put the girls through university and still live comfortably for the rest of your lives. You didn't need for anything.
"All done, I promise. And that's the last conference call I'm taking until after the boys get here" he promised.
"I'll believe that when I see it" you giggled.
Tom came into the room then and jumped up onto your lap and started purring. He loved it when you were off work, he got more cuddles.
"Roxy, wait up!" Sara cried out and suddenly your poor puppy came running into the room with a tutu on.
"Girls, we agreed we weren't going to put clothes on Roxy!" Steve called.
"She wanted it" Natasha came into the room with her hands on her hips. You almost burst out laughing. She is as bossy as her father.
"Come here Roxy" Bucky called to her and she pranced to him. He cuddled her close and took the tutu off and put it to the side.
"So did you choose names yet?" Sam asked expectantly.
"Yes, but we are keeping it under wraps for now" you smiled. You and Steve had decided on "James Clint Rogers, and Samuel Bruce Rogers" for the new boys' names. You didn't want to ruin the surprise.
"When is your next appointment?" Bucky asked, knowing it meant that you would both be coming to the compound for a visit.
"Next week. We are at forty weeks, so it's anytime now" Steve answered for you. "Which is why she shouldn't be outside doing the laundry" he added a bit of sass.
"You were busy," you argued. "We have a little bit of cleaning to do before everyone gets here tomorrow"
"You mean we have cleaning to do" Bucky corrected you. "Sam and I came early to help Steve clean up. You are staying off your feet missy" he shook his head.
"I thought it was because you missed us?" you asked.
"Of course we miss you and the girls, but this is important" Sam shook his head.
"Besides, we get more adult time with them here" Steve said in a whisper.
"Get off of her, you've already done enough damage" Bucky laughed.
"Never" Steve shook his head defiantly. "We could always add on more rooms to the house" he added with a chuckle.
"At this rate we are going to have to" you giggled. "I'm craving a pickle" you hummed, and went to pull your feet off of Steve's lap but he held them firmly.
"Lemme get it" Bucky jumped up and went to the kitchen to just grab the jar. You still had nightmares about AIM from time to time, but they never tried to get you back again. You knew that the team had put the fear of God into them. They had shown no mercy on their missions to search for you. And you were grateful every single day for your freedom. It was something you would never take for granted ever again.
Bucky brought in the pickles and you happily took out a pickle spear and ate it with delight.
"Better?" Steve asked hopefully.
"Now I just need my chocolate covered strawberries and we are golden" you hummed.
"I'll get it" Bucky offered, going back to the fridge again. You giggled and Steve rolled his eyes. You both knew that Bucky would make an amazing father and husband one day. He was also hopelessly wrapped around the girls fingers. He brought you back your sweet treat and traded it for the pickles.
"Thank you" you smiled happily.
"Uncle Bucky, can we play dollies?" Sara asked.
"Of course princess, lead the way" Bucky left with the twins.
"You two should do yourselves a favor and retire while they are young" Sam quipped and both you and Steve shared a secret smile. Both of you were radiating the same love you have for years. If anything it has gotten stronger over time, and you were forever grateful for it. You knew that Steve would always be by your side, and that was all you ever needed.