Farmer's market

Steve didn't like that he was pulled out of the compound to go on a hike, but he felt like it did him some good. He had spent most of last night being upset that you were going to try dating again and was trying to come to grips with that. He wished he had the balls to ask you on a date himself. He was working on the courage when he had headed up to your suite last night, but the only thing he could say was dogs. He chastised himself on the inside quite a bit over that. That smile you gave him though. He wished you smiled like that all the time. It did things to a man, and he knew you wouldn't be off the market for long with a smile like that.
He was a little mad at Bucky for keeping him away from the living room longer than necessary when they got back, saying he wanted to find his tablet while they were watching TV. Steve just wanted to get back to the living room to sit with you like he did every Saturday. When he saw your face, and heard the music you were listening to today, he wondered what had made you so sad, because he knew it couldn't be him. He wanted to comfort you, and you were just within his grasp. He just had to reach out and he could touch you, but he was too scared. The sad smile you gave him nearly broke his heart before Nat sent you on your way. He waited until you were gone, watching you as you walked and your hips swayed, and you made your way up the stairs. He snapped his attention to Nat who gave a ghost of a smirk.
"What's she so upset about?" Steve almost demanded.
"I don't know yet, I just have suspicions" Nat shrugged.
"Well, how do we make her smile again?" Steve asked quickly. "She rarely gets in a slump like that"
"So you have been paying attention" Nat quirked an eyebrow. Steve got a little tongue tied and looked away, not ready to admit his feelings. Not at all, when you were just going to be taken away. "She's going to be fine. But you need to make a move before someone else does" she poked him in the chest and he looked at her in surprise.
"I don't know what you're talking about" Steve shook his head, a blush painting his cheeks as he looked away.
"Sure you don't, punk" Bucky chuckled. "I'm working on it Natalia" he looked back at her.
"Your boy moves way too slowly, and Loki just changed the playing cards. You should light a fire under his ass" Nat crossed her arms
"I'm right here" Steve reminded them.
"Ten bucks says he will ask her by the end of the week" Bucky held out his hand.
"I"m not asking her on a date, she's not interested" Steve blushed and walked away.
"I'll keep her distracted, but he goes past the week, I'm pushing her in the same direction as Loki. And you'll be out ten bucks" Nat turned on her heel and walked towards the stairs to go grab her purse as well.
"You've been longing after her long enough, punk, make a move already" Bucky came in and sat on the same couch as Steve. "We aren't getting any younger," he added with flourish, grabbing the remote control.
"I'm with Tinman on this one. A lady like that does not come around every day" Sam readily agreed. "She seemed sad today, I wonder if it had something to do with the lack of a certain super soldier's presence" he pondered out loud.
"Bucky?" Steve asked, completely oblivious. Both Bucky and Sam rolled their eyes at him, and paid attention to the TV screen.

Nat's idea of getting you out was taking you to the zoo. She knew you loved the animals, and even bought you an ice cream while you both walked through and looked at all the animals. She almost had you out of your funk. You had a few notifications go off on your phone, but Nat kept your attention away from it. She took you out for supper at an Italian restaurant and made sure you were in better spirits by the time she started making her way back to the compound. When you got home, it was sunset, your favorite time of day. You had quickly made your way upstairs and grabbed a cup of tea before making your way outside. You sat on your swing and looked out watching the three men take their nightly walk. You sipped your tea watching them closely with a smile on your face. Even if you had to get over Steve, you still could watch him and care for him silently from a distance. You sighed as they disappeared from your vantage point, and you took out your phone and saw you had a few more messages. You went in and read them, and carefully responded to each one, not wanting to be rude. A few pointed out you were an Avenger, and questioned the credibility of the account. You frowned and unmatched with them quickly. You started looking online at shelters for a dog, you wanted one that needed a second chance. You knew puppies would be adopted quickly. You read their stories and sent a few emails about some of the dogs that interested you before you heard voices again and you looked up again to watch Bucky, Sam and Steve make their way back again. You smiled softly and watched them like you always did until you saw Steve look up and your eyes met. You gave a shy smile and stood up quickly sipping at your tea and walking back inside. You didn't know he knew you were there. You went and washed your cup before eating a peach quickly and deciding to go to bed.