Adoption

You could barely taste your lunch with all the anxiety coursing through your veins. Nat kept giving you a knowing smile during the meal, and you knew she was looking for details. Bucky and Sam kept looking between you and Steve as you sat together again. Steve however seemed unbothered, and had put a hand on your thigh again while he was eating. You liked this side of him admittedly, it was like he was always reminding you he was there. Not that you really needed the reminder, no. His existence was always on the forefront of your mind.
"How was the date?" Nat finally asked, breaking the silence. You found yourself flushing as several sets of eyes landed on both you and Steve.
"It was wonderful" you whispered softly and Nat chuckled.
"What are you up to now? I haven't seen you come outside or go to the living room" she seemed to be watching you carefully.
"That's true, I was waiting for her in the main living room" Wanda nodded eagerly.
"We are doing our laundry" Steve spoke up for both of you.
"Girl talk later then" Nat sighed, and Wanda huffed a little bit.
"I'll be available for girl talk, I'd like to know how the date went as well" Loki grinned mischievously.
"We are headed out in a few hours to go get Roxy and Tom" you said a little shyly. "I really hope they like it here," you added with a smile.
"Of course they will," Bruce reassured you. "Clint says he's stopping by to meet them when he gets home tonight"
"Tea, I got you a box Loki. It's in my room" you said quickly, just remembering that you had grabbed him a box.
"I'll stop by for tea this evening and pick it up then" he smirked and wiped his face with a napkin. You heard your washer buzz and picked up your empty dishes and quickly brought them into the kitchen and placed them in the sink.
"Thank you for the meal" you called to Tony as you rushed to the laundry room. You were low key glad to get out of the conversation at the table, considering they had asked about your date. You wanted to keep it to yourself in a way, because you weren't sure what direction your relationship with Steve was heading. You got to the laundry room and took everything out of your washers, making sure to separate your delicates into a basket to bring up to your room to hang up. Steve came in and started working on his own laundry. You finished putting everything into dryers and grabbed the basket with your delicates to run up to your room.
"Where are you going?" Steve asked, looking a little worried.
"Hang up my delicates" you flushed, seeing him look into the basket and seeing your lace and satin undergarments.
"Don't be too long" he winked at you, and you flushed again before turning on your heel and rushing up to your room. You went quickly about your task, hanging everything up in the closet, before rushing back downstairs. Thankfully you didn't see anyone while you were in the hallway. When you got back to the laundry room, Steve was standing against the wall with his arms and legs crossed, watching the doorway. You gave him a shy smile and his face lit up with a smile. He sat back down in one of the chairs, and you set your basket back down and headed over to sit down beside him. He reached out and quickly took your hand, brushing the pad of his thumb over your knuckles.
"What are you doing next Saturday?" Steve asked softly once you were comfortable again.
"I don't know?" you asked, looking at him with a bit of a smile.
"How about spending it with me? Second date" he seemed to be oozing confidence, and you bit your bottom lip for a moment and nodded quickly.
"I'd love to" you quickly agreed with a smile. "What do you want to do?" you asked softly.
"This time is going to be a surprise" he chuckled.
"That means you have no clue" you giggled in response.
"No, I know exactly what we are doing. I want you to dress warmly this time" he warned you. "And we are taking the motorcycle," he added quickly.
"Alright, I can do that" you leaned toward him in the chair. He quickly let go of your hand, and put his arm across your shoulders and pulled you in. You nuzzled into his chest and sighed happily. He made small talk while you both waited on your dryers, his hand making small designs in your arm. Your dryers finished first, and you moved away sadly to pull out your clothes. Steve got up and started helping you empty the dryers, and even took the time to help you start folding before his own clothes were done and he had to work on his own clothes. The pair of you worked in tandem, until you were completely done. He took a break from folding his clothes to help you fold your sheets and blanket. When you were both done he helped you carry up all of your baskets to your room before he ran back downstairs for his own baskets. You took a few minutes to check your delicates, and felt satisfied the lace was dried, and folded that as well before putting everything away. When you were done, you went to check your makeup and did a few touch ups. You checked the time, and saw you still had an hour and you huffed slightly. You thought about it for a moment, and paced around the room for a few minutes before deciding you were going to do it.