Patrick

When you got down to the restaurant, Bucky made a show of protecting you as he followed you to your seat before he went and joined Clint. The pair of them watched you like hawks and you knew that Steve was being late on purpose. Patrick walked in and paused as he saw you sitting alone, and his face lit up with recognition. His eyes traced your entire form as he slowly made his way to the table.
"Hello" he smiled, standing off to the side and gazing at you. You looked up and gave him a shy smile, and nodded to him.
"Hello" you replied, feeling a knot in your stomach but knowing this was part of the mission.
"Are you all alone?" he asked, seeming to hesitate for a moment.
"I'm waiting on my husband, John" you saw Steve peek around the corner, and his face darkened with jealousy quickly.
"What's your name?" he asked, as though he didn't already know. You didn't know how he had found out in the first place, and wondered about the security of the establishment.
"Rose, Rose Smith" you smiled. "And your's?" you asked politely, already knowing the answer.
"Patrick O'Neill" he reached out for your hand. You gave it to him delicately and he kissed your knuckles. You saw Bucky stand and start to make his way over, showing himself as security. The flash of muscle wasn't lost on Patrick and he gave a sly smile. "I see you have a protection detail"
"Who? Reginald? He's just a pussy cat" you cooed as Bucky got closer.
"Until later" Patrick slipped back away to his own table and you saw a ghost of a smirk on Bucky's face.
"Princess?" Bucky asked you as he got closer.
"I'm just fine" you assured him with a small smile.
"I'll be at my table" he nodded as though he was satisfied and he walked back to where Clint was waiting. Steve made a show of coming in, in an almost rushed state.
"I'm sorry princess, I got held up with work" Steve stopped at the table, and looked at you. You quickly got to your feet and wrapped your arms around him quickly and pulled him down for a kiss. He massaged his lips into yours for a moment before he pulled back. "How was your day?"
"It was good. You're late, and I'm starving" you sat back down, and he took the seat across from you.
"Did you get lots of shopping done?" he quirked an eyebrow at you and you forced a giggle.
"Maybe. London has excellent fashion" you bit your bottom lip seductively and batted your eyes at him. It wasn't lost on you that Patrick was watching you like a hawk.
"I'll have to get a private fashion show tonight" Steve grinned.
"Oh daddy, behave" you giggled again.
"You know what that does to me" he groaned and reached across the table to take your hand and kiss your knuckles. You knew he was marking his territory, and your Steve was shining through on his character.
"How was your day, my love?" you cooed to him.
"Too long. Every moment without you is too long" he gave an easy smile and you flushed. It wasn't consciously, but you had a feeling it was Steve talking and not his character. "Did Reginald and Bernard keep you good company?"
"They carried all my bags, which must be exhausting" you perked up with a bit of a smile.

"I can think of better ways to exhaust you" Steve leaned forward, speaking softly. You grinned in spite of yourself and leaned forward to brush your lips against his again. The waitress finally came and Steve ordered the same drinks as last night, and asked for the chef's special again. She quickly ducked away, and you could feel Patrick's eyes on you. Your eyes traveled to him and held his gaze for a moment before you looked shyly away. You didn't like doing this, but you knew it was part of the job. You watched from your peripheral vision to see him smirking to himself. He obviously thought he had your interest, which couldn't be further from the truth. No one held a candle to Steve, in your honest opinion.
"So how about it?" Steve's voice intruded your internal musings and you blanked out for a moment.
"Sorry?" you asked.
"Tomorrow we will go for a tour of the city. I'll take the day off work. Then Thursday of course there is that party we were invited to. It's hosted by a Patrick something or other" Steve said a little louder.
"Well, I do love my parties" you beamed at him. "That sounds lovely John. Are you sure that you can take a day off work for me?"
"I would burn the world for you" Steve's voice went down a few octaves and you blushed a scarlet red at the promise in his voice, and the raw emotion reflected on his face.
"Thankfully, you don't have to go that far" your voice was caught in your throat and it took you a moment to respond. You never expected that from him, and you had to pause to really look at Steve, trying to judge if it was him or his character talking.
"I mean it" he whispered softly, pulling on your hand to kiss your knuckles again.
"You'll never have to go that far, I'm right here" you whispered to him. "I'm not going anywhere" you added in a solemn promise.
"Your drinks," the waitress came back and set them down. Your wine was chilled again tonight, much to your pleasure, and she took off the cork. Steve quickly poured you a glass before he took a drink of his scotch. You sipped your wine, and Steve made small talk about how busy work was that day, and asked you to tell him more about your shopping experience. You tried to make it sound as though it was boring, but really you had found the experience thrilling. You were worried about how much was spent, but Clint had told you quite a few times not to worry about it in hushed tones. You went on to explain you now had a few party dresses for the event on Thursday, even though you still planned on wearing the dress you had already picked out. Nat had a good eye, and you had bought it with no real intention of ever wearing it, except to one of Tony's parties since he liked to have several a year. Steve paid attention to every word that escaped our lips with rapt attention, and pointed out you both could go and buy some new shoes tomorrow since you didn't buy any today. You smiled endearingly at him, and leaned in more at the table to give him a generous view of your cleavage. He paused and his eyes ticked down to look before his gaze went back to your eyes, and you didn't miss the hungry look he was giving you. You were suddenly glad you had brought full vials of makeup, since you had to do so much coverup.
Supper went quickly, and you noticed that Patrick kept watching you and Steve closely. Once you were done eating, when you stood up, you nodded to him and Bucky came quickly with Clint on his heels. Steve put his hand in the small of your back in a possessive manner and he started leading you out of the restaurant. You felt so protected, even though you didn't have a weapon on you. It felt foreign, but you liked it.

When you got up to the room, the three men did a sweep of the room again which ended with Bucky finding a small camera in the bedroom. Steve ordered another sweep of the room and the balconies to make sure it was the only one, and Bucky put it in his pocket to destroy later. Once they were satisfied, you pulled off your mask and sat down on the couch and grimaced as you kicked off your shoes.
"Are your feet hurting?" Clint came over and sat beside you.
"I think they are dying," you pouted.
"Give me your feet" he offered.
"I'll do that" Steve came over and sat on the other side of you. He reached down and grabbed your feet and pulled them across his lap so your back ended up getting pivoted towards Clint. You leaned back against Clint and he chuckled to himself.
"I guess I'll have to save my famous foot massage for this weekend on Laura," Clint grinned from ear to ear. Steve started rubbing your feet and you let out a long moan of pleasure.
"Didn't you bring another pair of shoes with you? Those look like you could break your neck" Bucky looked at the pair of discarded black stilettos.
"I only brought one other pair for the party" you shook your head. "And they are white, I don't want to scruff them"
"Come here and lay back" Clint tapped his lap and you laid back across his lap. He unbraided your hair, and you felt like you were quickly becoming putty with Steve massaging both your feet and your calves and with Clint playing in your hair. You looked over at Bucky and he was on his phone, with a very serious look on his face.
"Hotel security says that no one accessed this room, but we all know that's a lie" Bucky finally commented after a couple of minutes. "I'm giving them shit, and telling them about the camera. They are acting surprised. My ass, they got paid off" he huffed.
"Can you trace the camera?" you asked, looking up at Clint as well for answers.
"Don't worry about it, Songbird. We will trace it. We have a busy night coming up. You just need to rest up to keep up appearances tomorrow. Maybe wear one of your new dresses" Clint continued to run his fingers through your hair. You hummed, deep in thought of whether you should or not. "Stop worrying about all the clothes, it's one of the way's the girls got such extensive wardrobes"
"My closet is going to be full if we keep going like this" you huffed a little.
"What are you worried about? Isn't that a good thing?" Bucky asked, a little confused.
"I was thinking about something" you shrugged, not willing to admit you were thinking about offering one of your drawers to Steve to use in your room since he spent so much time at your place. What if you moved in with one another? You needed more room in your closet for him. You were thinking pretty far ahead, but it's where your mind kept wandering.
"Stop worrying so much, live for the moment" Clint ruffled your hair. "Okay, let me up. I have a camera to look into" he tapped your shoulder. You quickly sat up and both Clint and Bucky got up to leave, saying a quick goodnight each.