Thanksgiving

The rest of the week was much of the same. You woke up feeling sick, Steve would make you some tea and you would feel much better. Steve had managed to get you to go upstairs one day for a quickie during the day, but much of your week had been spent relaxing, and starting to work in the lab in the afternoons if you were up for it. Tony was trying not to make you feel like you had to be there, and kept a very relaxed atmosphere for you. You ended up enjoying working in the lab, and by Friday afternoon you had received notification that your online class started in January, once a week on Monday's and you were starting with the basics.
You finished two books while hanging out in the living room, and Steve ended up going out of the compound a few times with Bucky and Sam. You weren't sure what the three of them were up to, but you could only assume they were likely trying to figure out what to do for Christmas shopping. You were satisfied with hanging out with Loki and sometimes Thor or Scott would join in as well. Bruce was always busy in the lab, and Nat was busy with Clint working on training and weapons. The two of them were competing all week, for what, you weren't sure. As far as you knew, Clint was winning and by Thursday afternoon Nat was pouting about it. You noticed there was a large turkey being cooked and a full Thanksgiving dinner was being prepped.
You went up to your room that afternoon and took a while getting ready in a cute cable knit sweater dress with a turtleneck for a collar, and you added a thick black belt to tuck in your waist a little bit. You decided to wear black leggings underneath since the dress was a bit short, and put your hair up in a high bun with curls coming down to frame your face. You went for a more dramatic makeup, complete with a brown smokey eye, pink cheeks and a bold red lip. You put in your diamond earrings from Steve, and the diamond necklace and you took a moment to look in the mirror. You made your way to the bedroom to put on a pair of black leather knee high, high heeled boots to set off the look completely. You came out to the living room to see Steve was already dressed in a white sweater and a pair of black jeans and dress shoes. You could tell he recently had a shower and his beard was trimmed. You arched an eyebrow and gave him a wan smile.
"I am one lucky man" he broke the silence.
"Where did you get ready?" you asked with a giggle.
"Bucky's place. I came upstairs and you had the shower going. I didn't want to bother you, so I took over his bathroom for a bit" he gave a proud smile. "He was fine with it. He is almost done getting ready now" he added quickly. "You look like an Angel" he added in a husky voice.
"I could say the same about you," you breathed.
"Are you ready for Thanksgiving dinner?" he asked, offering his arm as you walked toward him. You put your hand on his arm, and he leaned in and kissed you softly, pausing for a moment at your lips before pulling away.
"I was expecting Nat or Clint to come and get me, but I suppose they are leaving me to you this year" you smiled up at him lovingly.
"It will be my honor. What are you thankful for this year?" Steve asked.
"Being a part of a family" you said softly.
"I'm thankful for that too" he nodded and opened the suite door. The two of you walked out and headed down the long hallway. Steve changed his grip as the two of you went down the stairs, holding you firmly so you didn't trip and fall in your high heels. You were curious since you hadn't seen anyone and you were wondering if you were forgetting something. You were racking your brains, but you couldn't quite place what was missing.

"Y/N!" Cooper, Lila, and Nathaniel came running to you the moment you came into the dining room. You let go of Steve and welcomed the three of them hugging you at the same time, nearly knocking you over. Steve automatically put his hand in the small of your back to make sure you didn't fall.
"Oh my babies" you cooed to them, holding the three of them close. "I've missed you so much!" you exclaimed.
"Dad says you are coming home with us, is that true?" Nathaniel asked you as he pulled back.
"I am?" you asked in surprise.
"Clint and I made a bet. I lost. You are going with Bucky, Steve, Clint and his family for the weekend" Nat pouted.
"Me?" Bucky asked in surprise.
"Yeah, you're Steve's family and it's a family weekend," Clint nodded. "Nat and Bruce were supposed to come, but Nat wants to visit her sister Yelena."
"There's always next year," Nat shrugged. "If I could get my sister to leave Russia for a little bit, maybe she will come with me," she added.
"Sam, Peter, Happy, and Scott already left for the long weekend. It will just be us for today" Tony said from behind you and you jumped slightly. "Loki and Thor also went back to Asgard to celebrate and should be back in a week. Time moves differently there" he continued.
"Oh, that's a shame. I would have liked to see Thor's face light up at the sight of the turkey" you giggled.
"I was instructed to make sure you remember your tea," Pepper told you with a sweet smile. She was wearing a pale blue sweater with a pair of dark jeans, matching Tony. The kids finally released you and you felt Steve put his arm around your shoulders again and you made your way to the table and sat down, pausing only to briefly give Laura a hug.
"What about you guys? What are you doing for your long weekend?" you asked Wanda, Vision and Pietro.
"Pietro is going to spend the weekend with Peter, Aunt May, and Happy tomorrow. Vision and I will be hitting the mall for the black Friday deals" Wanda bounced in her seat.
"I think I'm going to do my shopping online, and miss the crowds instead" you scrunched your nose at the thought of being out in the crowds. You looked at the table and saw all of the traditional sides were there with stuffing, potatoes, turnip, cranberries, carrots, salads, fresh baked buns, sweet potatoes, a very large turkey, and a few dishes of gravy. There was also apple pie, pumpkin pie, and lemon meringue pie on the table. Steve sat down beside you and held your hand, and gave the back of your hand a quick kiss. You smiled at him gratefully, and you saw a twinkle in his eye.
"This looks amazing Tony, thank you" Steve said, looking at the massive spread on the table.
"Yes, thank you" you joined in, and heard other people do the same.
"You're bringing leftovers" Tony looked pointedly at Clint and Laura who both chuckled.
"Thank you Tony" Laura said quickly. "That will save us from cooking for a day or so."
"Wait, but I was looking forward to Y/N's cooking" Nathaniel groaned.
"It's a long weekend, I'll cook for you" you promised.
"And we will go horseback riding?" Lila asked hopefully.
"Of course," you smiled.
"And we can play video games together?" Cooper asked you.
"That too" you nodded. "Don't worry, you'll also have Steve and Bucky to keep you company too guys" you giggled.
"I bet I could beat them at GTA" Cooper said, sizing both Bucky and Steve up.
"I love that game, you're on" Bucky said quickly.

Tony announced it as time to say Grace and everyone bowed their heads. Once that was done, Tony carved the turkey and everyone shared the food. Plates were piled high, and there were still plenty of leftovers to take away, and to feed the team next week. When it came to everyone saying what they were thankful for, the resounding answer was family. Steve snuck in that he was also grateful for his relationship with you, and you couldn't help but agree wholeheartedly. That was something you hadn't seen coming, but just the thought of spending the rest of your life with Steve, which is what you wanted, brought you so much peace. You loved him so much, it almost scared you.
Once the main meal was done, it was time for dessert, and you barely had the room, but you were determined to try a small slice of each pie. The pies quickly disappeared, but Pepper got up and brought in nine more and you couldn't possibly eat anymore. You sat back slightly and rubbed your belly and Steve looked at you with that twinkle in his eye again, and leaned in to kiss you on the cheek. You smiled at him lovingly and patted him on his bearded cheek.
"Did you need help packing?" Lila asked you suddenly.
"Wait, who is watching Tom?" you asked, alreadying knowing that Roxy was coming with you.
"Oh, it's my turn with Tom" Pepper giggled. "I've been dying to get my hands on your cat since you brought him home," she announced.
"Don't forget he likes wet food before bed" Nat told her and you looked at her in shock.
"Since when is my cat eating wet food?" you asked with a bit of a laugh.
"We all sneak it to him. Alpine loves it too. Can you keep an eye on Alpine too?" Bucky asked hopefully.
"They are both coming to stay in our suite for the weekend" Tony confirmed. "I was already informed when Nat announced she lost the bet" he added with a chuckle.
"Wait, you knew about the bet?" you asked.
"Who do you think kept us honest?" Nat asked you with a smirk.
"And I won," Clint grinned.
"By one point" Nat fought back.
"I still won," Clint chuckled.
"What if I wanted to stay here this weekend?" you asked and all the kids started to cry out that it wasn't fair.
"We were staying here," Clint shrugged.
"Come on, you need to pack" Steve put his hand on the small of your back.
"I guess that means me too" Bucky got up at the same time as you. The three of you made your way upstairs quickly to pack what clothes you would need for the weekend, and Steve also made sure to pack your tea.