An early morning

When you woke up in the morning, you flexed your leg and there was just a small twinge of pain. It was basically gone, much to your delight. You slipped out of bed, and headed to the bathroom first to do your business, take a quick shower and put on some makeup. You brought your phone with and played more upbeat music and danced around the bathroom as you got ready for the day. You were in such a great mood, and you knew it had everything to do with a certain super soldier that lived next door. Those kisses yesterday really made your toes curl. Even the memory of them made you feel like you were heated from the very core of your body. You really got into one of the songs and started singing into the hairbrush, having your own private concert in the bathroom. You did very little makeup since you were going to have to glam up later on, and you pulled on your towel, wrapping it tightly around your body. You were glad that you had extra large towels, it made you feel all cozy. You called on your invisibility and danced out of the bathroom, heading to your closet. Once the door was closed behind you, you let go of your invisibility and hummed happily to the music as you tried to decide on what to wear. It was starting to get colder outside, and you could feel the chill in the air coming through your bedroom window and filling the suite. You picked out a pair of long maroon leggings, and a white hoodie with the Avengers emblem on the front. You had gotten it as a gift from Tony when you had first started, and you had a feeling he never expected you to wear it, but it was one of your most common worn hoodies around the compound. You slipped on a pair of white slippers and threw your hair back into a braid before coming out of the closet and heading to your room. You looked at the time on your phone and pursed your lips. It was still early, and not nearly time for breakfast. You strode out into your living room area and went straight to the kitchenette to make some orange pekoe tea, using a little bit of sugar instead of honey to sweeten it. You were enjoying having full movement of your leg again, even if it brought a tiny bit of pain. You scrolled through your phone and went to Spotify to turn on some boy bands to keep the good mood flowing, and headed back through your suite to go to your balcony and look out at the scenery. You sat down on the swing and started moving the seat slowly while perusing your emails. You saw one from the shelter that had just come in late last night and it confirmed that you had gotten permission to adopt Roxy and Tom and they wanted you to schedule a time to go pick them up. You let out a shriek of excitement and jumped up from your seat and did a little victory dance. You couldn't wait to have Roxy and Tom here at the compound. You didn't know if your good mood could be dampened. You heard something sound like it was falling and suddenly Nat was outside holding her gun at the ready and you quickly threw up your arms. She looked like she had just rolled out of bed, and still and the creases from her sheets on her face.
"What happened?!" she demanded. "You shrieked" she stated the obvious. "Why are you up so early?" she continued asking questions, looking around and seeing there was no danger, she put her gun down, and put the safety back on.
"I woke up early, I was reading my emails and look" you proudly showed her your phone. She took a few steps towards you and you did another little dance while she read the email on your screen. She gave a soft smile and a relieved chuckle.
"They'll have a good home here with you" she nodded in satisfaction. "Now why are you up so damn early, you nearly gave me a heart attack" she sassed you.
"I woke up early" you shrugged easily. She looked past you and saw the steaming mug of tea on your small side table and she studied your appearance. You heard a small click, and saw a smile widen on her face before she looked satisfied.
"Congratulations, Song bird, I'm glad you got your pets" she shook her head and turned to go back to her bedroom. "I'll see you at breakfast" she called and closed her bedroom door behind her. You turned around and saw Steve standing there with just his light blue pajama bottoms, with a gun in his hand, but it was already to his side and he had a large grin on his face.
"You got them?" he asked with a hopeful twinkle in his eye. You walked to his side of the balcony and proudly showed him your phone and danced a little while he read it. His face broke out into a smile as he read over the email. "Congratulations" he grinned, his eyes turning their focus on you, and you felt swept up into those sweet baby blues.
"Thank you" you cooed, bringing your phone back to your chest so you could read over the email again. "Why did you come out with a gun?" you raised an eyebrow, honestly just enjoying the view. You loved his well groomed hairy chest, with the goody trail that led down to the center of his pajama pants. You were trying not to stare, but damn it was hard.
"I heard a shriek, I thought you were in trouble" he flushed a little, and you could see his cheeks pinken behind his beard.
"I was just having a cup of tea and I was reading my emails. I'm sorry, I just got so excited" you admitted softly.
"No harm done" he gave a half smile and continued to hold your gaze prisoner. His eyes flicked down to your lips, and he bit down slightly on his bottom lip and you thought he made that look so good. You almost wanted to ask if he wanted to try that first kiss for the fourth time. A strong breeze came, and you felt it through your sweater and gave a slight shiver.
"Aren't you cold?" you asked curiously.
"Super soldier," he chuckled, keeping his explanation brief. "I don't feel it that much''
"Must be nice" you giggled slightly and took a step back, since the only thing you wanted to do was walk forward towards him and see if you could taste his lips again.
"I'd better go get dressed" he nodded, acknowledging that he was half naked.
"I don't mind what you're wearing" you winked at him and sat back down on your swing. He gave a chuckle and a nod before taking a few steps back, but keeping his gaze level on you. You continued to hold his gaze, almost challenging him to come over the side of the railing and joining you silently.