Seconds

Steve reached out and took your hand, holding it tenderly as you both walked through the bedroom and made your way back outside.
"Are we good now?" Clint asked from where he was seated on Nat and Bruce's balcony. You gave a shy nod of your head and sat down in your original seat, seeing that your tea was already on your side table. Steve looked at you expectantly and you gave a quick nod in affirmation. "Good, it's rare I see you get that upset"
"I swear it was a stupid bet" Bucky spoke up quickly as Steve took his seat beside you. Curiously enough, he hadn't let go of your hand yet, however kept it firmly in his grasp.
"He tried to return the money, if it makes you feel any better" Sam quipped.
"No, it really doesn't. But it doesn't matter, Steve made his point" you blushed, thinking of the stolen kisses just moments ago. You felt Steve rub the pad of his thumb over your hand in a circular motion, and you knew instinctively that no one was missing out on that fact, but thankfully no one was saying anything.
"Put your legs up" Steve whispered to you, and you immediately pivoted your body and pulled back from him enough that he had to let go of your hand. Your legs slipped onto his lap, and he used both hands to hold them close to his body. The man could ask anything of you, and you were sure that you would obey his request. You flushed as he started rubbing the pads of his thumbs into your skin. You could still feel the extreme heat coming from your core, and your flushed cheeks, displaying a clear sign to Steve he had chosen the right moment to kiss you. You hummed as he started rubbing your knee.
"You calmed her down pretty quickly" Nat said as she raised a single eyebrow curiously.
"He has the Captain's touch" Clint gave a sly grin, having a good idea what Steve did, based on the slight redness on your skin from his beard.
"That was fascinating that your anger made you turn invisible" Bruce didn't miss a beat. "We should test more, using that emotion as a base"
"It happens when I get scared too" you admitted quickly, feeling Steve pull on your legs a bit more so you scooted closer, and he immediately started rubbing your previously wounded thigh.
"I don't want to use fear as a tool" Bruce shook his head from behind you. Steve started doing a more deep tissue massage and you gave a soft moan, making the tips of Steve's ears go a bit red. You were almost willing to bet under that beard his cheeks would be just as flushed as yours were.
"Here" Clint pulled his body off the railing that he was leaning against and he passed you your cup of tea and you gave a grateful smile, seeing the heat vapors coming off the top. You took a sip and hummed appreciatively.
"I should get you to make tea more often" you gave a sly smile.
"The things I would do for you kid" Clint ruffled your hair, and he slipped over the railing, going to Nat and Bruce's side and sitting in their third chair. You had to squirm a bit to look over your shoulder at them, but Steve's hands were more demanding, and you decided to sit with your gaze looking out towards Steve's direction. The sun was already starting to set, and the entire compound was cast in golds and pinks. Sam and Bucky turned in their seat's a bit to look out at the landscaping and both gave a soft sigh. You couldn't help but muse how good of friends they were to Steve. You were still a little perturbed about the bet, but that was easily forgiven. You heaved a sigh, and leaned on the side of your swing while continuing to take small sips of your tea and your gaze fell on Steve. Your mind was still on the shared kisses. You felt like you would almost incinerate if he didn't kiss you again soon. Your body was on fire, and he was the only oasis that would cool it. You clenched your thighs together and he gave you a curious look with his lips slightly parted before he gave a knowing smile and chuckled.
"I'm glad you started this Starshine, it's the most relaxing part of the day" Bruce sighed happily from behind you. He reached over and put his arm around Nat and pulled her in, and he gave her a kiss on the side of her head.
"I've got to admit, this is better than going on walks every day, even in the winter that punk had us going for nightly walks" Bucky grinned, taking a drink of his tea. "At least from here we get to appreciate the sun setting a bit more"
"I'm going to agree with you for once Tinman" Sam agreed easily.
"I know I got exactly what I wanted" Steve whispered, looking at you with that heated gaze again causing even your ears to go red.
"Now that there's no tempers flaring, mind if I get dressed in your room with you tomorrow night?" Nat asked softly from behind you and you nodded your head, not sure if she could see it.
"That's no problem. You already said you are doing my makeup anyways" you quickly agreed to it. You wondered if Steve would like the red dress you had picked out. It was a red silk material, made as a halter dress that gave a generous view of your cleavage, and had an empire waist. The dress flowed down to your knees, and had a black sequin belt that went just below your breasts. You had bought it on a whim, since Tony tended to have parties, and sometimes you went out with the girls for karaoke or for drinks in the evening. You had been holding off on wearing this dress because it seemed fancier, and it fit your frame perfectly. You had wanted the perfect moment to bring it out, and to make sure that Steve would see you wearing it. You were excited that he had asked you for a dance, and wondered if he would look at you as hungrily in that dress, as he was looking at you when you were in your little living room. You quickly finished your tea, relishing in the feeling of Steve's firm hands on your thigh. He seemed to be getting braver, his hands slowly inching up a little further than before. If he hadn't of told you to put both legs up, you would have dangled one leg down onto the balcony floor and off the side of the swing. You were feeling overly comfortable with the group on the two balconies. You pulled away from Steve momentarily to put your mug on the table that was now behind you. You gave a stretch and resumed your position facing Steve again. You had caught Clint, Bruce and Nat just enjoying looking out at the sunset over your shoulder and smiled softly to yourself. Nat and Bruce started whispering between themselves, while Clint would chime in once in a while. Sam and Bucky both finished their tea's and Bucky grabbed your mug, bringing them back into your living room. He seemed to be gone longer than necessary, but when he emerged from your bedroom, his wet hands gave him away. He had decided to wash the mugs while he was gone. He resumed his spot beside Sam and softly elbowed Sam who looked at him curiously.
"We should get going to bed" Sam took the hint. The sun was nearly done setting, and you smiled at them both.
"Thank you for coming" you gave a broad smile.
"Thank you for having us, beautiful" Sam gave you a wink, picking up his foldable chair. Bucky stood up quickly after and the pair of them said their good nights before leaving. Steve stopped massaging your leg, and instead held you close to his body by your knees and looked out as the moon was cresting into the sky and it was getting darker out. He finally took a few gulps of his tea, it was already cold by the looks of it.
"I'd better get back to my suite, I'm leaving before breakfast to go spend some time with Laura and the kids before the party" Clint announced from behind you, and saw him slip back over the railing again. He was carrying his mug with him. "I'm just going to wash this quickly" he gave you a wink. "I'll see you tomorrow night, kid" Clint ruffled your hair again, and you felt some of the braid loosen at the interaction. Steve remained stoic, and barely said a word as he took another sip of his tea.
"Good night songbird" Nat called to you, and you waved over your shoulder as you heard Nat and Bruce go back into their suite. You leaned against the back of the swing again, and your gaze went from the quickly setting sun, to Steve who seemed content in his own musings.