Base takedown

You rushed through your shower and you came out to see your cat suit was somehow on your bed already. You sat on the side of your bed to put on your body lotion, wanting to at least smell good for the trip over. You went and put on your black satin painties and bra, before walking around your room half naked, packing the essentials. You were used to this, but not so much leaving Roxy and Tom behind who were both watching you curiously. You gave them both a sad smile, but continued with what you were doing. You gave them soft promises that they would be taken care of while you were gone. You knew you didn't have to grab your phone charger since there was a wireless charger on the jet, but you did grab your headphones. You finally put on your cat suit before putting your bag over your shoulder and calling both Roxy and Tom to follow you.
You made your way downstairs, and put your bag just outside the backdoor to take to the jet when you were ready.
"Did you get your suit?" Nat asked as you walked into the dining room.
"I did, how did you know I forgot it?" you asked as you grabbed a seat between both her and Steve at the table.
"Steve asked me to bring it up" she gave a cat-like grin. She looked at you and took in the additional Kevlar and frowned a bit. "It's going to be hard to be stealthy like that"
"I'll just have to work with it" you felt a weight on your thigh and looked over to see Steve had put his hand on your leg and gave you a gentle squeeze.
"How does it fit?" Tony asked, looking at you expectantly.
"It feels good, just a little thick" you gave a half smile.
"I didn't want to chance another shot making its way through your leg" he gave a wry smile in return.
"Maybe we can work out something better for stealth after" Bruce offered. "We will start on it this week while you are gone."
"That would be appreciated" you nodded to yourself and Steve's hand moved up on your thigh a little bit, and you could feel yourself getting wet by the little bit of movement he was making. You cleared your throat and looked at him from the corner of your eye only to see him smiling to himself victoriously. The entire table went quiet as you all started eating, you had the constant reminder of Steve where his hand rarely left your leg during the entire meal, and when you were done, you could feel the pre-mission jitters already in the pit of your stomach.
"Tell me, pet, are you nervous?" Loki finally broke his silence.
"I always am just before a mission" you admitted.
"I'll be there with you every step of the way," he promised. "I'm going in under the guise of another Hydra agent while you make your way up to the second floor, while the others stay outside keeping watch"
"We will go more over the plan in the jet" Sam reassured you.
"I can go in disguise" Thor gave a playful smile. "I'm excellent with costumes"
"No, I think not," Loki rolled his eyes. "It's time for us to go," he stood up, grabbing his dishes. You nodded to him and slowly slid your chair back, giving Steve time to move his hand. You grabbed your dishes and brought them into the kitchen quickly behind Loki.
"Let me walk you out" Steve offered, bringing his dishes in behind you.
"Sure. Do you promise to take care of my fur babies while I'm gone?" you asked, feeling a little anxious.
"I've got this baby doll" he promised, taking your hand as you were about to leave. You looked at Bucky and Sam who were waiting with Thor, all of them already ready to go. Bucky nodded to you and started leading the way out.
"Have a good mission" Wanda called to you as you made your way to the back door. You stopped to grab your overnight bag and put it over your shoulder opposite from Steve who was still holding your hand. You took a minute to give both Roxy and Tom a kiss before walking out the back door. Steve seemed quiet, and looked a little worried. Once you were a few feet away from the jet, you started letting go of Steve's hand, and the other four men got on the jet.
"Time for me to go," you whispered.
"I wish I was going with you" Steve grimaced.
"You are wounded, once you are feeling better, we will have more missions together" you gave him a bright smile.
"I don't like you being where I can't see you" he growled softly.
"I don't like you being where I can't see you either" you pulled your hand out of his grasp and put your hands on his shoulders. "I'll be back before you know it" you reassured him. "Now I've got to go" you took on your no nonsense tone. His hands went to your hips and he pulled you flush against his body, before one hand slipped onto your lower back and he dipped you back quite suddenly and his lips were hot on yours. You relaxed into the kiss as his strong lips dominated you so easily. His tongue prodded past your lips and danced with your own. You gave a moan from the back of your throat and he hummed happily. He broke the kiss and you opened your eyes to see him smiling down at you proudly.
"Don't forget we are up for a repeat of last night" he whispered to you softly and you felt your cheeks get rosy in response. "Be safe for me" he added a little louder.
"I'll be safe, work on your art while I'm gone" you gave him a soft kiss on the lips and pulled back and he put you back on your feet.
"Come on, we have a long flight ahead of us" Bucky came out to the back of the jet, his face seemed almost remorseful that he had to be the bearer of bad news. "Don't worry, we will take care of your dame" he added quickly to Steve.
"Thank you" Steve nodded to him and gave you another chaste kiss on the lips.
"Yeah, well, try not to get hurt next time" Bucky backed away, back into the jet.
"Be safe" Steve reminded you and you nodded, taking a step back.
"Work on your art" you reminded him right back. "Take care of my furbabies" you started making your way on the jet. Steve took a few steps away from the jet but watched you closely until you were completely inside. You looked out one of the windows and he had retreated back to the compound but still was watching the jet closely. You sat down in one of the spare seats and strapped in after putting your bag at your feet. Sam was piloting the jet with Bucky as co-pilot. You couldn't help but smile as you heard them bantering back and forth from where you were seated. You reached down and took your cell phone and headphones out of your bag and quickly put on some music. You tipped your head back and just let yourself get lost in the melody, your mind lost in thoughts of the upcoming mission.