Real or not real

As Steve crossed the battlefield with purpose in his stride. Several of the team members looked relieved, but surprised at the sight of you. The Hulk pummeled the building at the sight of the blood on your arms and legs, obviously angry at the state you were in. Bucky was still walking behind Steve, holding up the Shield just in case. The entirety of AIM that was at that base was either dead or being handcuffed by Shield operatives.
"Songbird" Clint came out of the trees as Steve started walking you into the jet. You were so busy looking at the sky, you had barely noticed anyone or anything else. "Oh my God, it's you!" he ran and wrapped his arms around you and Steve.
"Real or not real?" you asked, thinking this couldn't possibly be real.
"He's real, baby," Steve said softly.
"Papa Clint?" you felt him kiss your forehead and brush back your hair.
"We need to get you in some real clothes" Clint stepped back and led Steve into the jet. He grabbed one of the weighted blankets and waited patiently. You wrapped your arms more tightly around Steve, afraid to let go in case it was another dream.
"Angel, I'm going to sit you down in the seat and we are going to take care of those wounds on you" Steve said, and you could tell it was hurting him to say it.
"No, I'm not ready for the dream to be over" you cried out.
"It's not a dream, Angel" Steve seemed pained by this.
"Just sit down with her, Steve. I'll take care of her arms and legs" Clint sighed, realizing how much trauma you had endured. Steve sat down and he held you tightly. Bucky set the Shield down beside Steve and grabbed some protein bars from the back and some water while Clint got the medical kit.

"Eat this" Bucky ordered, handing you the food. You looked at it like you were unsure, and he ripped off the tip and took a bite before offering it to you again. You took the package and quickly wolfed it down. It was a chocolate chip flavor and you hummed happily at your first taste of chocolate in months. Clint started working on your legs first, noting the loss of weight and muscle definition that you had. You winced as he cleaned the wounds. It was slowly starting to become real that this wasn't a dream. You kept trying to tell yourself it was real, but a small part of your brain kept also saying that it couldn't be real. Bucky opened a second protein bar and this time he didn't have to take a bite. You quickly ate it, moaning happily at the taste. He opened the bottle of water and you drank it all back. Clint waited for you to finish eating and drinking to start working on your arms.
"How did you find her?" Clint finally asked softly.
"Strapped down to a hospital bed in the second basement" Steve said, watching you carefully. He had noticed that every time you went to speak you had hesitated momentarily, or you would touch your neck where he had taken off the collar. He couldn't help but wonder what all they had done to you.
"The bombs are all set to blow" Bucky added after, with a smirk on his face.
You waited until Clint was done with your arms and you wrapped one arm around Steve's shoulders again, and placed one hand on your stomach, feeling your babies moving and kicking. Steve seemed to clue into what was happening and looked at you as though seeking permission. You took his hand and placed it on your stomach and he broke out in a smile as a few tears fell down his face. You leaned to the side and kissed his tears.
"I'm so sorry" you said to Steve, your own tears falling down your face. Steve shook his head and kissed you hard on the lips as Clint covered you both up with the weighted blanket that was normally reserved for Bruce.
"I shouldn't have let you go on that stupid mission," Steve said, pulling back from the kiss.
"I remember I said my body, my choice. It was my own fault" you frowned.
"I can't breathe without you" he kissed you again. "I couldn't live without you," he continued.
"I tried fighting back, I tried to come home" you cried.
"We know you tried" Clint tried to soothe you.
"I just want to go home" you sniffed.
"We are going home once the team is back in the jet. But you'll need to let go of Steve, Songbird" Clint warned you.
"No" you shook your head and leaned more into Steve again. He was still holding one arm around you, and one hand on your stomach. "I'll wake up again, and I like it here" you said firmly.
"They must have messed with her badly," Bucky shook his head.
"Where is she?" Bruce came walking up to the jet in just his pants and shivering.
"Real or..." you started to say and the three men looked pained.
"I'm real. I'm here Starshine" Bruce came over and kissed the top of your head and wrapped his arms around you and Steve. "You've grown" he said, looking you over. "And you've lost weight at the same time" he frowned.
"Doctor M said that I had to behave to get more food," you said and he shook his head.
"Doctor M ain't here now. Do you want more chocolate?" Bucky asked.
"Yes please" you said after another small hesitation. Bucky nodded and went to get you more protein bars, and he opened one, sitting down beside Steve. You quickly ate it and sighed happily.
"Another?" he asked and you shook your head.
"Full" you explained. "The babies like chocolate" you cooed at your large stomach.
"I'll get you all the chocolate you want," Steve vowed.
"Oh what about chocolate covered strawberries? In my last dream like this you brought them to me" you said, moving excitedly in his lap.
"I'll make it real," he promised.

The rest of the team slowly made their way back into the jet and they all stopped to hug you. The only problem they had was getting you to let go of Steve to sit in a chair to get strapped in. You calmed down when he wouldn't take his hand off of you no matter what, so Bruce strapped you in securely. Loki took the other side beside you, seeming to be enraged that you couldn't tell if he was real or not, and he promised to do something about it to Steve.
When you got back to the compound, you were rushed to the medical bay first and you cried out when they separated you from Steve. They treated your wounds properly and then you were put in the regeneration machine for treatment. Doctor Cho seemed brokenhearted over the fact that you cried through the whole process. As soon as you were done she put you on the hospital bed and you automatically put your hands to and legs to the bars, expecting the straps. She opened the door back up again and Steve walked in with a pair of your leggings and one of his shirts and hoodies.
"We are just going to check on the babies," she explained to him. He immediately went to you and he looked pained to see you expecting to be strapped down again. He took your hand out and held it up to his face and he kissed your knuckles.
"My babies are 25 weeks" you said meekly.
"We just need to see if they are healthy" Doctor Cho lifted up the fresh hospital gown she had put on you. She put the gel on your stomach and used her wand to bring up a clear picture of the twins. "Look at you little mama, did they tell you what they are?" she asked curiously.
"No, I'm not allowed to know," you shook your head.
"Do you want to know?" she asked.
"I do" Steve said quickly and you nodded.
"Yes please" you said.
"You have two little girls in there," she smiled kindly. "Congratulations!"
"Do I get to keep them?" you asked.
"Yes, Angel, we are keeping them. We are going to have Loki take a look at you and see if he can help you with everything you've been through" Steve kissed your fingers again.
"Loki has always been a good friend. He is sometimes my phantom too" you admitted. "He kills the guards for me" you gave a dark smile.
"I killed them, they won't be coming back" he told you.
"There's probably a lot of trauma here, Steve" Doctor Cho didn't want him to get his hopes up.
"I won't give up before we've barely started," Steve said sharply. She nodded and she printed out a few pictures of your little girls before she wiped off the transmission gel.
"Come on, Angel. Let's get you changed into some clothes and then we are going to see Loki" Steve kissed your hands again and he helped you get off of the bed. You stood up and wrapped your arms around him, burying yourself in his scent. He wrapped his arms around you and you heard him sniffle. You looked up at him and he gave a smile. "We are having girls" he smiled broadly.
"As long as they look like you" you reached up and touched his bearded cheek.
"No, Dove. As long as they look like you" he turned his face and kissed your hand. He picked you up and sat you on the bed and Doctor Cho left the room. He helped you change into your clothes although they were tight, and then he picked you up like a new bride and he carried you out of the medical bay and back up the flight of stairs to your suite.