A walk to remember

Steve was an absolute gentleman when you were at the mall picking out your fruits for the week, and getting your refill of tea for both you and Loki. You had the fruits delivered back to the compound, however opted to put the tea in your purse to bring back. Neither boxes were that big, and you decided to order some off the internet for next week in a more bulk order since you seemed to be having company more often lately. You weren't sure what triggered the change, but a lot had changed in your life recently. You went from a very quiet existence, with the exception of missions, to feeling excited for what each new day would bring. Steve drove you to one of the lesser known parks that was close to the compound, and he helped you take off your helmet again.
"I haven't been here in forever" you mused as Steve took off his helmet.
"Good, maybe things have changed a bit" he chuckled in response. He reached out and took your hand after putting both helmets on the handlebars, and started rubbing circles in the back of your hand with the pad of his thumb. You gave an involuntary shiver and Steve looked at you a bit concerned, very quickly. "Are you cold?" he asked, a little worried.
"A little bit, I should have remembered a jacket" you shrugged, pulling your hand away to rub your arms a bit.
"Here" Steve took off his jacket and draped it over your shoulders, before rubbing his hands up and down your arms.
"Thank you," you looked at him gratefully. He gave a smile and slung one arm over both of your shoulders. You aimed your body more into Steve's, just enjoying the warmth that he was giving off.
"I should have thought to tell you to grab a jacket," Steve seemed a little pensive as he spoke.
"It's my own fault, you said motorcycle" you licked your lips, and looked up into his gorgeous baby blue eyes and he stopped walking for a moment. "Baby girl, you keep looking at me like that, and I'll have to take you home early"
"Why's that?" you asked, licking your lips again.
"Because there's too many camera's out here, and all I keep thinking about is wanting to kiss you" he whispered.
"Steve Rogers is afraid of a camera?" you giggled. "That's cute"
"I'm not afraid of a camera, I want to help you keep your honor" Steve corrected you.
"My honor?" you repeated softly.
"Yeah, your reputation" Steve flushed a little bit. You giggled and reached up, cupping his cheek.
"Are you sure it's not your solid reputation you are worried about?" you whispered.
"I'd take my chances with Fury and Tony for the chance to taste your lips again" Steve whispered back, gazing at your lips hungrily.
"You're the Avengers golden boy" you giggled softly.
"I never liked that title" he shook his head, leaning down towards you more. You licked your lips in anticipation, and swallowed quickly. You both heard people coming down the pathway and broke apart quickly. The small family nodded to you both, and you both cleared your throat and continued to walk at a leisurely pace. Steve pulled you in under his arm snuggly, and you both walked along the winding pathways. He asked you a few questions about yourself, and answered any questions you had for him. He even went into talking about things that he used to do before he went in the ice, and before the war. He seemed a little shy admitting that he used to be so small, but you couldn't help but think you would like to have met him before the serum was injected into his veins. You liked that he had remained the same man he was before the serum, he still didn't like bullies, you knew that much about him. You both came to a small fountain and Steve gestured for you to sit down. You took a spot on the side of the fountain and he sat down quickly beside you, putting his arm around your shoulders again. He looked around, taking in the crowd and frowned slightly before his eyes lit up when he saw a hot chocolate truck.
"I'll be right back" he got up quickly and got in line. You took in his posture, he seemed to be exuding confidence. He stood with his legs splayed apart and his arms crossed as he waited. You enjoyed seeing the breeze ruffle his hair. He seemed at home no matter where he went, you mused as you watched him. He finally ordered two hot chocolates and came back to you with a gleam in his eyes. "This should help with the chill" he announced as he handed you the warm drink. You gratefully took a sip while he sat back down next to you again, and you said a soft thank you. "How do you feel about public affection?" Steve asked carefully, keeping his eyes on you.
"I like it, if that's what you're asking" you flushed under his intense gaze. "What about you?" you whispered.
"I'm all for it, with the right partner" his face broke out into a smile.
"The news watches you carefully," you reminded him.
"It watches all of us," he shrugged nonchalantly. "You just need to know how to be careful," he grinned.
"Be careful?" you asked, arching an eyebrow.
"You'll see," he promised, stretching out his legs a bit. You both watched as people milled about, it was like neither of you existed to them. He waited until you were done your hot chocolate before he wrapped his arm around your shoulders again. You had to leave his embrace to go throw out your garbage, but he got up quickly to join you. "Are you ready to head back?" he asked softly.
"Sure, I have laundry to do" you nodded, starting to think ahead.
"So do I, do you mind if I join you?" he asked quickly.
"It might be a little boring, I'm just doing laundry.  I think you asked me the same thing earlier" you giggled as he started to lead the way back along the winding pathways.
"I did" he admitted.  "I've done my laundry at the same time as you a few times already, only this time I get to stay in the room with you" he chuckled a little bit, and you shrugged in response. You hadn't really noticed that he had done that before. Now that you were thinking back, it seemed to happen often. He put his arm over your shoulders again, and you were feeling warm and toasty by the time you got back to the motorcycle. You tried to give Steve back his jacket, but he refused it, saying he could handle the cold a lot better than you could. When you tried to insist, he said he was feeling warm and couldn't possibly put a jacket back on. You knew that was a bold faced lie, but you flushed slightly and kept the jacket on. Steve helped you put on your helmet again, before putting on his own. He sat down, and waited for you to scoot in behind him. You wrapped your arms tightly around him before he pulled out of the parking lot.