Bucky's teasing

You woke up encircled in Steve's arms, feeling his steady breath on the back of your neck. He was breathing deeply, and seemed to be in a deep sleep. You looked down and saw his arms were still securely around you, holding you close to his body. Roxy and Tom were both sleeping in front of you, seeming quite content. The morning sun was slowly starting to shine through the window, and a breeze came in the window making you give a slight shiver. You pulled the comforter more around your shoulders and nuzzled back slightly into Steve's firm body. He barely even registered that you had moved, and you wondered if the pain medication was really that strong for him. Bruce did have a hand in creating it, so you figured it must be pretty effective. You hummed to yourself, thinking when you are home on weekends, you normally went to the farmers market with Nat and Bruce, but neither of them had mentioned it to you. You also recognized the fact they probably wanted their couple time as well. You thought maybe they were also giving you more time with Steve as well. Things had been moving quickly since that first dance between the two of you. One thing that you did know, was you liked waking up like this. You felt so safe and treasured waking up in his arms. Your bladder was screaming at you, and you knew you had to move. You also knew that Roxy would need to go outside shortly. You didn't want to wake Steve up, so you shimmied out of his arms and gently pushed him so he was laying on his back so it took some pressure off of the wounded side of his ribcage. You quickly slid out of bed and went to the bathroom to use the facilities. When you came back out, Roxy was laying still, but her tail was loudly wagging as it made thumps against the bed. You gave a soft giggle, and went into the closet to grab Steve's sweater he had lent you and put it on. You also put on your slippers and came back out. Steve was still thankfully asleep, so you did a silent beckon to Roxy who quickly vaulted herself off of the bed and raced to the open bedroom door. You didn't bother with her leash, but silently opened the suite door, hoping that Steve didn't wake up while you were gone. The pair of you made your way down the quiet hallways, and outside. Everything seemed so still this morning. You pulled out your phone as Roxy went running across the front lawn to do her business and you slowly started following her while you started looking at the mission docket for the week. Your mission to Paris at best would take at least three days with the travel time. Everything depended on what happened when you got to the Hydra base. You saw Clint, Bucky, Sam, Thor and Loki were all slated for the mission as well. It was a bigger team than usual, but you started looking at the base plans and found yourself surprised at the sheer size of it. Luckily the computer rooms that were your target were only on the second floor. You knew you could hold your invisibility long enough to get there. The problem was maintaining it, or making sure the room was cleared. You had seen in the weapons room earlier in the week, your suit had been replaced and there seemed to be additional Kevlar added as padding. It wasn't going to help you with being stealthy, but you also recognized the fact that Tony was worried and took every wound someone on the team took personally. He spent a lot of time planning out the missions with Fury and Steve, and tried to plan out the teams as best he could with what resources he had. He did still go on some missions, but he was normally the man behind everything with Steve being more hands on. You made your way around the compound, giving another unintentional shiver as you walked. You continued to study the base, not completely watching where you were going. You knew you had the day to study the plans, but at the same time you wanted to spend as much time as you could with Steve. You just hoped he would cooperate, and rest as much as possible.
"G'morning doll" you heard from above you, and you looked up in surprise to see Bucky out on his balcony drinking his morning coffee.
"Good morning Bucky" you gave a small wave.
"Where's Stevie?" he asked, seeming curious.
"I let him sleep. Roxy needed to go outside to pee" you gestured to Roxy who was racing everywhere she could, taking in all the scents and stopping once in a while to pee.
"He's not going to like that. That punk is going to be looking for you the minute he wakes up" he frowned in response.
"He was in a pretty deep sleep" you took that information and frowned slightly to yourself. You wondered if you should have woken Steve up and told him that you were going, but he just looked so peaceful.
"He won't be for long if you aren't there" he smirked. "He's pretty stuck on you"
"I better hurry up then" you huffed slightly and whistled to Roxy who came running back to you.
"I'm sure you'll find a way to make it up to him" Bucky chuckled to himself and went back inside his suite. You blushed at the insinuation, however you did have a few ideas in mind if he was awake when you got back. You rushed Roxy to go back inside, using the back door instead of the front door like you usually did. Roxy followed you, seeming curious about the new route, but she quickly got her bearings as you came out to the dining room. The smell of food cooking filled the air, and you sniffed appreciatively at it. Your stomach gave a small growl, but you knew you would be eating soon enough. You made your way back upstairs quickly, and back into your suite. You closed the door softly behind you and shrugged off the sweater, tossing it over the well stuffed chair and rushed into the bedroom. You could still hear Steve's steady breaths filling the room. You slipped into the bed, and laid your head on Steve's outstretched arm and gave a sigh of relief. It was short lived however when suddenly the arm flexed and pulled you close quickly, causing you to turn up onto your side, and you were pulled flush against Steve's body.
"I prefer to wake up with you in my arms" Steve's voice came out a little raspy.
"I thought you were still sleeping" you responded a little meekly.
"I woke up the minute you left," he admitted. "I was waiting for you to come back" he pulled you impossibly closer and gave you a kiss on the top of your head, while he pushed your head to lay on his chest. He winced slightly at the action, but seemed determined not to give it away that he was in pain.
"Roxy had to go to the bathroom" you whispered.
"Next time, wake me up. I wanted to go with you" his voice rumbled in his chest. "I will however go make our coffee"
"And take your pain medication" you reminded him softly.
"Anything for you, baby doll" Steve kissed the top of your head again.
"There's kisses in it for you if you take it" you looked up at him with a glint of mischievousness in your eyes.
"I'll take a partial payment now" he chuckled, waiting expectantly. You moved up and kissed him on the side of his lips towards his cheek. Steve quickly turned his head before you moved away and brushed his lips against yours quickly. He lingered for a moment before he pulled you up more onto him, and he started massaging his lips against yours. You couldn't think of a better good morning kiss. It wasn't too deep, but not too brief. It was perfect. He hummed happily, running his hands up and down your back. You pulled back from the kiss, and he gave a soft sigh. "I'm going, but wait for me before you go back outside"
"Why?" you asked, a little surprised.
"I owe you a new sweater" he chuckled again. "I want you to be warm," he added simply.
"Let me go get your sweater and your shirt" you wriggled off of the bed, and went into the living room. By the time you got back Steve was standing up and waiting for you with a small smile on his face. You quickly handed him both of his garments, and he leaned down and kissed you softly on the lips before turning to go out the balcony door.