Chapter 110 - A Peaceful Hike In The Woods

Start from the beginning

Kira nods gratefully for her friend, willing to face the battling rain for her. It's hard to believe that the other groups have decided to go hiking out in this weather. So, hopefully it'll just be a quick downpour, then they can get out of this shabby cabin to go and explore.

Kyoka goes and re-joins the two boys as they rifle through some more of those chests that Kaminari recently discovered hiding away in this cabin. She was exceedingly giddy as she perched beside Kaminari, eager to learn more secrets. Kira took one step down the stairs, but paused. She's not going to join them. They were having fun, such a simple, yet rare occurrence and that would all be spoiled if Kira were to join in. She'd transform that cheery, easy-going atmosphere into one of tension and awkwardness, because of her and Kirishima. Kira's smile slowly dropped as she took a step back up, following the stairs to the top of the landing. She was able to spot the trio from the banister above on the next floor, a chorus of happy laughter travelling up to her on a wave of echoes.

It was contagious as Kira found herself scoffing at a snide comment from Kaminari, followed by a fierce whack. Kira watched Kyoka clobber him round the head with a cushion.

"This whole thing is ridiculous."

Kira felt her soul jump out of her body and run down the stairs and out the front door at the sound of Bakugou's quiet voice. He had been lurking somewhere near his door, though that section of the cabin was eerily shrouded in darkness, as if Bakugou had purposely made it so. Kira turned her head in his direction, but kept her body peering over the banister.

"Thought you'd be sulking in your room, or something," she murmurs, not really in the mood for banter.

"I was." His tone is harsh, snappish. "Until you idiots decided to turn into a bunch of even louder idiots. I had to see what the hell was going on. Turns out it's just you."

"Uh huh," she keeps her melancholy tone. "It's just me."

She could feel eyes on her back and she immediately hated the tension. She wanted Bakugou to scream at her - something - just to rid her from the uncomfortableness of the situation.

"What are you wearing?" He sounded so genuinely curious, it made her heart skip a beat.

"I-It's Shoji's," she decides to respond honestly, looking down at the material, feeling it's softness in-between her fingers.

"Shoji's?" He suddenly scoffs. "What - has arms got a crush on you, or something?"

Kira looks up slowly, turning to Bakugou. She doesn't mind it when he insults her, she can take it. But, she refuses to let him insult someone else in front of her, if that is indeed where this conversation is going.

"Actually, yes. He does," she says plainly. "He was very mature about it. And kind," she quickly adds.

Bakugou scoffs again, crossing his arms over his chest. "You sure got over shitty hair fast, if you're-"

"I'm not-" Kira can feel herself start to grow irritable and wills herself to take a calming breath. Bakugou always makes her mad. "We talked. He told me how he felt, then I... let him know how I feel," she explains. "The only reason I'm wearing his poncho is because he was kind enough to let me borrow it from the cold." Kira turns back to her friends, leaning over the banister as they dig through a silver looking chest. "No reason to get so mad, Bakugou," she adds, mumbling slightly. "I get that you're protecting Kirishima, but it's not like that."

"This isn't about shitty hair," she barely hears him reply, so Kira turns back to him just as he returns to his room, but he instead leaves the door open, rather than slamming it shut behind him.