You let go of me- Dangerous Series

“Y/n, she’s- she’s coming here tonight.”

Once the words stuttered out of his mouth, it was as if Harry’s soul left his body. All the composure he carried within the last three months have suddenly been broken down, completely struck by his words.

He goes stiff, face paling by the second, and his body seems to be immobile. His eyes are wide, in a trance, dazing out into oblivion. She made it clear she never wanted to see him again. She hasn’t even spoken to him since the night he broke up with her. Every attempt Harry made to reach out to her has been ignored, the feeling of being with her only existing in his memory. She was gone, she left him with remorse, and even though he begged, cried, and screamed at her to take him back, she left him alone to fight for himself.

It was clear she gave up on him, that the past two years she spent with him was a waste of her time. She was his only escape, and the way he repaid her was by leaving her. She didn’t deserve that, she didn’t deserve any of it.

So why is she coming here?

As he opens his mouth to speak, he feels the dryness of his mouth preventing him from continuing any further.

“Wh-“ he swallows thickly, eyes heavy and still in tears, “Why is she coming here, Liam?”

His tone is soft, breaking as he speaks.

Liam sighs, hand moving to the back of his neck. He doesn’t know exactly how to respond. He knows no matter what the reason, Harry’s going to be mad that he’s been keeping in touch with Y/n more than he has. And because of the large pit of insecurity that’s barricaded inside of him, he’ll start to doubt his relationship with her, even more than he does so now.

“Me and Y/n,” Liam mutters hesitantly, “we’ve been talking.”

Talking.

All Harry can process is that fucking word. Talking. Something Harry wasn’t able to do with her, yet she was doing with someone else. The way he said it, too, like he was hesitant, like he was hiding something. The look on his face said it all, like he was guilty, like he had done something that would turn the switch to push Harry over the edge.

If Y/n were to start talking to somebody else, Liam would be someone she deserved to be talking to. He’s charming, especially good looking, and has a side to him almost every girl swoons over. He’s delicate, he doesn’t have a bone in his body to commit half the harm Harry has. He can’t find a single ounce in his heart to leave someone he loves, either, which is why every part of Harry’s body boils with a feeling he’s never experienced before.

Jealousy.

Before Liam can continue what he was saying, Harry’s head snaps up, his once tearful eyes altering into a far more sinister gaze, burning through Liam like wildfire. His body is moving faster than his mind can process, his legs nearly tripping over themselves as he aggressively storms toward Liam, teeth clenched and hands curled into fists.

“Har-“

His fists violently slam against his chest, his arms pinning him against the wall in a fit of rage Harry has never felt before. The amount of anger traveling through his body makes his heart pump so much it physically hurts. His veins are popping from under his skin, his jaw clenched so harshly he wouldn’t be shocked if his own teeth crushed.

“What do you mean you’ve been talking to her?!” Harry roared, his forearm pressing harshly against his neck. “If you dared even thought about her in that way for even a second I swear to God, Liam-“

“Harry!” Liam groans, hands clenching against Harry’s wrists, striving to pry away from his mercilessness hold.

“Liam, I will kill you!” Harry sobs.