How to Love Pt 2

Chapter Two:

“Well look who is here,” Sasha comments when Lana parks her car in Niall’s large driveway right behind a black Range Rover that she instantly recognizes. “Do you want to leave?” She questions her, looking Lana over with her blue eyes. Lana’s face was half hidden in the darkness of the car, only the dim lights of Niall’s porch lights illuminating her face.

“No,” Lana pulls the key out of the ignition, tossing them in her bag and reaching for Jane from Sasha’s lap. The little dog was already excited, easily recognizing the house before her as she spent a lot of time here when Niall was home. She was clearly very excited to see her other owner and tried to wiggle out of Lana’s arms as she hopped out of the car. “I mean, it looks like there’s plenty of people here. He’s just one guy, I can avoid him.” Sasha gave a sound of agreement as she too got out of the car and the two headed up the front walk.

“My girl!” Niall exclaims as soon as Lana walks through the door a minute later. He rushes towards the two girls, his arms outstretched for the Yorkie.

“Yes, hello, Niall,” Sasha greets the man who had completely ignored her and Lana as he cuddles the excited dog agains this chest, nuzzling his nose into her soft fur. “Good to see you, too.”

“Yeah, hey,” Niall waves a dismissive hand in her direction before turning away, disappearing into the living room with Jane. Lana laughs as Sasha pouts, clearly not happy with the hosts greeting.

“Come on,” Lana laughs, reaching over for Sasha’s hand and pulling her in the direction of the kitchen. “I need a drink.”

Twenty minutes of being in Niall’s house, Lana had said hello to everyone but one person. She purposly waited until whoever he was with went somewhere else to say hello to them, not wanting to go near him if she didn’t have to. She wasn’t even sure if he knew she was there or not, not that she cared or anything.

“Harry is looking pretty good lately, huh?” A friend of Lana’s comments after the two of them finishing catching up about how work was going. Harry was directly across the room from them both, not that Lana was paying him any attention. Lana looks away from him quickly, taking a large gulp of her beer.

“Yeah, I guess.” She answers once she’s finished, letting her eyes skim over the long haired, tattooed man across the way. He was talking with a girl you didn’t know, clearly flirting with her. She looks away quickly, not wanting him to see her watching him for even a second.

“Think if I went over there and started a conversation the other girl would leave?” Lana turns her head away from her friend as she gives an eye roll before turning back and giving her a shrug.

“He’ll probably just try to get you both into bed together.” She responds before she gives a sigh, not wanting to talk about Harry being with someone, or really talk about Harry at all, any longer. She excuses herself to use the restroom and leaves quickly, rushing down the hall.

When she exits the bathroom a few moments later she comes face to face with the one person she was purposefully avoiding the entire night. His eyes widen when he sees who just excited the bathroom he had been waiting for and he clears his throat, looking down at the ground.

“Lana,” He greets, glancing up at her before reaching up to push his hair away from his face. Lana just crosses her arms over her chest and shakes her head.

“What happened to the girl you were chatting up?” She questions him. “She realizes what a prick you are and leave already?” He looks at her fully this time, his green eyes narrowing into the glare she recognized and knew well but then it slid into a smirk, one dimple making an appearance. Lana had to look at the wall behind him instead, that dimple had always been her weakeness and she hated it. She wanted to slap it right off his face in that moment.