The monster in me- Dangerous Series

Two months after Harry’s violent encounter with Niall, Y/n and Harry have been working on Harry’s temper.

It wasn’t going so well—still coming home with bloody hands, cut knuckles, and covered in the remaining sweat. He was growing more frustrated with himself as time went on. He’s tried desperately to walk away from a situation that fucked up his temper, but right as he’d walk away, every part of his body would go into fury and all he did from then on seemed out of his control.

Y/n was always disappointed, but always stayed with him and defended him in any way that she could. She had never given up on him, not even for a second.

“You’re the sweetest man I know” she’d always say, with his favorite smile on her, “I’ll always love you. You just have to get through this.”

And oh, how badly did he want to. Not even just for Y/n, but for himself.

“Just a bit more scotch” Harry grumbles to the bartender, sliding his glass toward him.

He hasn’t been drinking much because he knows what alcohol does to him in abundance. But for the past three days, Y/n had been spending a few days with her sister—which ultimately lead him to a local bar with the guys.

And as much as he wants to be enjoying his time, he wants nothing more than to be left alone. It’s been a particularly hard week for him and being surrounded by people he certainly didn’t want to have stand in his way isn’t making it any better.

He sips on his drink as the boys mingle mindlessly and drunkenly.. Harry scoffs lightly, quickly diverting his attention to the vibrating phone in his back pocket. Quickly sliding it out, he sees Y/n’s name.

Just left. See you soon!

He smiles, immediately texting back saying that he’ll be waiting for her at home.

It had only been three days without Y/n, but he misses her terribly. He’d spent nearly everyday comforted in her company for two years. He misses how he is with her—so delicate and true. She’s the only person to bring that out of him, how could he not miss that?

Harry is about to give his farewells until Liam stooped him while grabbing his jacket.

“Harry? Harry!” Liam says, pushing onto his shoulder.

Harry shakes his head slightly, “Uh- yeah? Yeah? What’s up?”

“Isn’t that Y/n’s ex?”

Harry’s head snaps to where Liam is pointing. He already feels his fingers clench to fists and his jaw becoming tense.

Hell no, not him. Harry’s supposed to be getting better—he’s supposed to be making an effort to help himself. He hasn’t been doing that well, but he hasn’t fought since Y/n left and he wanted it to stay that way.

But he has to. Although Kurt had stopped harassing Y/n since Harry stepped in, something inside of him is igniting with every passing second he spends staring at him. He’s threatened her one too many times, leading her to nights filled with so much fear she genuinely couldn’t fall asleep without Harry being beside her.

And there’s absolutely no way he can ignore it. This is much more than Harry acting on his anger—this is Harry acting solely on the protectiveness he possesses over his Y/n.

So without much thought, Harry pushes himself off the barstool, eyes now a shadow of dark green and jaw so clenched he almost seems like a completely different person

“Mate, mate. Calm down” Liam orders, standing in front of him and putting his hands on his chest as a way to hold him back. “He hasn’t spoken to her in a while, yeah? That’s in the past, man. Y/n wouldn’t want you to do thi—“