afternoon tea:

@anythingandeverything1d.tumblr

Harry, come on we are going to be late!” you yelled through the door. You were supposed to meet Anne and Gemma for tea, but as always, Harry was running late. Finally you see him walking calmly towards you with a smile that showed off his perfect dimples. 

“Ready to go?” he asked. You groaned and hit him in the arm but couldn’t help but smile at him. He had traded in his normal black clothing for white shorts, a grey nike long sleeved shirt, and a green bay beanie. He grabbed your hand and pulled you into the car.

After a 15 minute car ride, you and Harry arrived at the cafe. Anne and Gemma were sitting at a table outside and stood up when you walked over. “(Y/N) dear, it’s lovely to see you.” she said pulling you into a tight hug.

“It’s good to see you too Anne.” you smiled and hugged her back.

“Mum, don’t smother her.” Harry said grinning and pulling his mom into a tight hug. You hug Gemma and then Harry gives her a hug before sitting down at the small table. You sit next to Harry and Gemma, but notice that there is an extra chair. “So how’s everything mum?” Harry asks, pulling your attention back to the conversation.

“It’s been good, I have missed my baby a lot though.” she said smiling and pinching his cheeks.

“Mum..” he said smiling and laughing.

“How is everything with the band?” she asks. “I know it’s been hard for you guys since Zayn left.”

“Ya, but the album we are working on is really turning out well. Isn’t love?” Harry said turning you.

“Yea, everyone has done an excellent job on the writing and the songs sound amazing.” you answer. Harry places his hand on your knee and smiles as a waitress delivers each of you a cup of tea and some pastries. Harry takes a sip of tea when a voice from behind startles him.

“Gemma! Sorry I’m late, there was awful traffic.” the voice says and you look at Gemma who is smiling at the guy.

“It’s ok.” she tells him. “Everyone this is my boyfriend.” she says looking at Harry. Harry nearly chokes on his tea as he glances behind his shoulder confused.

 Harry nearly chokes on his tea as he glances behind his shoulder confused

“Boyfriend?” he ask. Gemma nods and continues on.

“This is my brother Harry, his girlfriend (Y/N), and you already know me mum.” she tells the boy. You say hi and look at Harry who continues starring at him.

“Harry, why don’t you go get the waitress so we can get some more tea.” Anne tells him. Harry nods and stands up from the table to go find the waitress. You could tell Harry was upset, so you stood up, excused yourself and went looking for him.

“Haz” you said walking up next to him.

“What?” he asks.

“What’s wrong?” you ask him.

“I didn’t know she had a boyfriend.” he says. “I should’ve known..”

“Harry, it’s not your fault that you didn’t know.” you tell him while grabbing his hand.

“I miss out on all this stuff because of the band.”

“You are going on a break this year. That way you can catch up with family and do other things.” you say looking into his green eyes. “You can start the break off right by going and meeting you sisters boyfriend.” Harry smiles and kisses you softly.

“You’re right. Let’s go meet this guy.” Harry answered grabbing your hand and pulling you back towards the table. The two of you sat down and continued holding hands as Harry interrogated Gemma’s boyfriend. He asked about jobs, family, school, anything really. After drinking tea with Harry’s family for over an hour, the two of you stand up to leave. You each hug Anne and Gemma one more time. Harry whispers loudly to Gemma, “I like this guy.” and she smiles.

“(Y/N) make sure you keep my boy out of trouble.” Anne tells you while hugging you tightly.

You laugh and promise to make sure he behaves. Harry kisses his mom on the cheek and promises to have everyone over for dinner later in the week before grabbing your hand and pulling you to the car. “That was fun.” he tells you.

“It was.” you agree.

He kisses softly 3x you and then starts the car, heading back home.