Shadow:

You loved Harry, you loved Harry so much but you just didn’t feel like he was yours anymore. Sure, his body still wrapped around yours, holding you tight to him, warm and real against you but it always felt like he wasn’t truly there. When he kissed you, it wasn’t with the passion or love that it used to be.

It’s as if the Harry Styles you used to be in a relationship was gone and in his place was nothing but a shadow. A shadow of the love and affection he used to hold for you. You wanted him, all of him, but if this was how it was going to be then maybe not.

“I love you, Harry.” You whisper to him one day, looking up into those gorgeous green eyes that used to gaze at you with love, a smile on his face but now he just looked at you. He looked so uncaring, as if he was already finished with you speaking.

“You too, babe.” He mutters, leaning down to press a kiss to your forehead before he turns away and leaves the room, leaving you with the cold remains of your heartache and his brush off.

He was never around anymore. He never wanted to spend the night with you anymore and would make reasons as to why he couldn’t come over. Did Harry really love you anymore? Did he truly want to be with you. You just didn’t feel like you had your Harry, the Harry that you’d fallen in love with, anymore and it pained you.

“I feel as if he doesn’t want to be with me anymore.” You voice to a friend one evening after Harry cancelled your dinner plans on you so you invited a friend over for some girl time.

“He cancelled on you, boys are known to do that.” She insists but you shake your head. “What’s going on?” She picks up then just how upset you were about all of this.

“He doesn’t say he loves me, he doesn’t show me affection, he barely wants to do things with me.” You feel tears pooling at your eyes as you sigh. You wipe at your eyes with the back of your hand, frustrated for letting yourself get upset like this.

“Have you talked to him about this?” Your friend questions you but you shake your head.

“I haven’t really talked with him about anything lately. He doesn’t really have the time or doesn’t listen.” You confess, giving a shrug. “I just want Harry back, not this shadow that he’s become.” With that, you let out a sob, your face falling into your hands.

The next day, you finally decided it was time to tell Harry how you had been feeling. You sit beside him on the couch as he stares at his phone, frowning as he responds to a text message. You sigh and flip off the TV, trying to get his attention.

“Everything okay, love?” He asks but doesn’t look up from his phone and his voice doesn’t really sound interested. You sigh again and slide closer. You reach out to brush your fingers through his long curls. It was then that he finally looks over at you, a deep crease between his brows. “Love?”

“We need to talk, Harry.” You tell him. And you see a moment of fear shoot through his face. But why? “Do you even want to be here anymore, Harry?” His frown increases.

“What d’you mean?”

“With me. Do you even want to be with me anymore?” There, you’d asked it up front and honest. You watch concern slide across his handsome features before he sits up fully in his seat, puts his phone down, and reaches out for your hand, taking it in his. This was it, you could feel it. Maybe you should have just stuck with the shadow as opposed to the nothing you were about to have. “I feel like you don’t care about me anymore.”

“Oh, love, no.” He gasps when he sees your eyes welling up with tears. “I’ve just been busy with work and stressed but that hasn’t changed how I feel abou’ you at all.”

“It feels like it. Your words always sound so empty, you just seem not to care.” Harry groans, reaching up with his free hand to tug at his long curls before he pulls you into his arms. He holds you against him as you tuck yourself against his warm body but the tears continue.

“I love you.” He says. “I love you with all of my heart and tha’ hasn’t changed, love, I can promise you. I will do bette’ at showing it, I promise, I will.” His words made your heart sore. This was the Harry that you’d fallen for. The Harry that wanted to hold you and cuddle, who was passionate, and told you how he was feeling and was open with you.

“I just want my Harry back.” You whisper into the collar of his shirt as you snuggle into it, taking in his familiar scent and warmth. He kisses at the top of your head, running his large hands up and down your back.

“I’m right here, love.” He whispers right back, his nose pressed into your hair.

—————–

Credits:https://4everinsane.tumblr.com/post/159574965873/harry-styles-shadow-imagine