Girlfriend sings another language:

You loved movie days with your boyfriend. Curled up on your large couch under a pile of blankets, snuggled up to Harry’s warm and tattooed body as you watch old movies. It didn’t get any more perfect than this.

You rest against Harry’s chest, his arm wrapped tight around you as you stare at the TV, lost in your own thoughts. Harry was munching on some popcorn beside you and would occasionally toss out a comment or two about the movie but you were just in your own world, happy and comfortable here in the arms of your love.

Your mind began to drift even more and you started to think about home. You loved living in England with Harry, you really did, but you missed home so much. You found yourself talking in your native language almost constantly without even realizing it. Harry didn’t know how much you were missing home or that you had taken to speak in your native language when you were alone or talking to yourself.

You were so preoccupied thinking about home that you hadn’t realized that you’d started humming one of your favorite songs. You move your head slightly side to side with the music, totally lost in thought and not even thinking about how you were actually now humming out loud.

“What is that you’re singing, love?” You suddenly jump back into reality at the sound of Harry’s deep voice beside you. You look over at him, your eyes wide. His brow was furrowed as he waited for your answer.

“Oh, sorry.” You mutter, looking down at your lap. “I was just lost in thought and started singing a song I like from home.” You explain, shrugging a bit. “I didn’t realize I was humming it so loudly, sorry.”

“I don’t mind. It was quite nice, actually.” You look up at him, seeing him smiling at you. “What’s it called?” He wonders. Neither of you cared for the still playing movie on the TV as he turned towards you a bit, facing you more. He put the bowl of popcorn that had been beside him on the coffee table and gave you his full attention. You tell him the name of the song and who it’s by. “Sounds lovely. Will you sing it for me?” Your eyes widen.

“Oh, Harry, I don’t know.” You had never really sung around Harry. It was nerve wracking to sing in front of someone so musically talented as him, you could never keep up with him.

“Please? I want to hear it, honestly.” He takes your hands in his, tangling your fingers together with his. He smiles over at you, his green eyes shining with love and adoration for you.

“Okay but.. don’t laugh at me.” He laughs and shakes his head.

“Never.” You playfully roll your eyes at him before you take a deep breath. The words to the familiar song roll off your tongue effortlessly as you get lost in the song, hearing the music playing in your head. Once the last word slipped past your lips, you were well into it. You look to see Harry gaping at you, his mouth open. “That was gorgeous, love!”

“You’re just saying that.” You mutter but he shakes his head. He brings one hand up to rest his fingers on your cheek as he smiles over at you.

“I really loved it, thank you for singing it for me.” You smile back at him and nod. “I think it would sound really good sung in your home town though.” You frown at him.

“What do you mean?” You question him as he grins.

“I know you’ve been missing home.” He answers, shrugging. You’d thought maybe you hid it a bit better but apparently not. “I’ve got some time off and well… I already had it planned and booked for two weeks, I was just waiting for the right time to surprise you with it.”

“You’re taking me home?!” You exclaim, unable to believe it. He laughs and nods. He pushes his long curls away from his face, still smiling.

“I’ve been wanting to for awhile, I know it’s been a bit since you were last there and now hearing you sing a song from there in your language, I knew this was the moment to tell you.” You gasp before jumping forward, wrapping your arms around his neck. He laughs, hugging you back tightly.

“Oh, thank you, Harry!” You pull back to grin at him. “Thank you so much!” He just nods before pressing his lips to yours. You tangle your fingers in his hair as he pushes you back, leaning over you on the couch.

“You know what would be really sexy?” He pulls away to ask as he leans over you. You frown, running your hands up and down his chest.

“Hmm?” You question and see his grin grow even more.

“You speak in your first language during sex.” You had to actually laugh at that. You had done this before, under your breath, but would have no problem saying it out loud if that’s what he wanted.

“Oh, I can do that.” You answer but rather than saying it in English, you respond in your first language. He visibly shudders, making you smirk.

“Yes, yes, I like this.” He grabs for one of the blankets you’d been covered up with previously and tosses it over the two of you as his lips find yours again.

——————–

Credits:https://4everinsane.tumblr.com/post/146816809703/harry-styles-girlfriend-sings-song-in-another