sleep is for strong

Ever since you were little all you wanted to do was sleep. Sleep is all you’ve ever known.

It wasn’t because you were lazy or dysfunctional, it was because you had been blessed with narcolepsy. However, having narcolepsy was not the worst thing in the world.

Narcolepsy is beyond annoying, but it can be used to your advantage in unfortunate situations. For example if someone’s speaking to you that you don’t like, or you just can’t be arsed to listen to, you can just pretend to fall asleep and then blame it on your medical condition. It is annoying though when you and your boyfriend, Harry, are trying to have a nice meal out somewhere and you can’t help but fall asleep.

Your story with Harry was a funny one.

Your friend and you, not so long ago now, had bought tickets to a Harry Styles concert. You had made your friend buy the tickets because you were hopeless when it came to the internet. What you forgot to tell her was your price budget, which then ended up with you both having front row tickets - it was every fans’ dream.

The concert started off amazingly well, with Harry performing - in your opinion - some of the best songs towards the start of the show. This was beneficial to you, and you alone, because halfway through the show you started to become very very tired. It was when you had to rest your head on your friends shoulder and catch a few winks that Harry noticed you. To this day it is still the most humiliating thing that’s happened to you - what with your face being put up on the big screen by a passing cameraman.

You remember Harry making a joke about how you were finding him boring and he was putting you to sleep, and you had to shout back saying that it was nothing personal. For some reason Harrys interaction with you made you feel more alive and you were able to get through the rest of the show. Harry kept close to the area that you were standing in, for the rest of the show, and you liked to believe that he even sang to you at one point.

Towards the end of the show, when your post concert depression was starting to kick in, you received a note from one of the concert ushers. What you never expected it to be was a note from the man who had been teasing you himself.

Hi! My name is Harry, call me so I can find out yours x

He had so smoothly written in the note. You were flattered that he had even took the time out of his day to write you such a note, so you obviously called him up with your name.

From then on, you two had been inseparable.

When you explained to Harry that you have narcolepsy he was not phased. You expected him to run away just like every other boyfriend you’d had, but he stayed. Harry always assured you that it’s no big deal, but you couldn’t help but feel sorry for him sometimes. When he comes home from a long day at work all he probably wants to do is be with you, but you are normally asleep and it makes you feel bad for putting him in this situation.

He has to put up with a lot from you. You’re quite the trouble maker for someone who’s never gone a day without having more than 12 hours sleep.

•••••

Harry was currently in the midst of his press tour for his new album, Fine Line.

It was your favourite album in the history of music, let alone his music. Harry had played the album to you one night on the way home from a boring business meeting, complaining how he needed to do something fun that night. So, the spontaneous pair you are, ended up driving around your town until 3am listening to the album on repeat. You couldn’t pick a favourite track, but Fine Line itself has brought tears to your eyes.

Harry was doing interviews today at a pop up store in London. He was currently sat in a room with people shuffling around him, making him look pretty and preparing him for types of questions he might get asked. Sarah was currently sat on a sofa, behind where all the cameras were set up, with you. You hadn’t really made an effort to look nice today, considering you were going to be sitting around all day and at some point you knew you were going to fall asleep. You’d gone with one of Harry’s, oversized, grey hoodies and then some black joggers and vans.