Chapter 160

My dad handed me off to Ethan and I gave him a hug before he walked away. Ethan took my hands in his and I stood in front of him.

"You may be seated," The marriage officiant spoke.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on," Ethan said. But he didn't whisper it. He didn't even try to say it quietly. It was like he said it louder so that everyone could hear him

"You are the most handsome man I have ever laid eyes on," I smiled at him. I wanted to kiss him in that moment, but I knew that I was going to have to wait until we were husband and wife.

I suddenly remembered that I still had the bouquet in my hands, so I turned around and handed it off to Dave, my maid of honor. He winked at me and took it in his hands.

"We are gathered here today..." The marriage officiant started to say, but I zoned out.

I just kept looking into Ethan's eyes as he looked down at me. Those precious, blue eyes pierced into my soul. I could get lose into his eyes. His eyes were so beautiful and I could stare at them all day.

I couldn't focus on the marriage officiant and the words that were coming out of his mouth. All that I could focus on was the fact that I was standing in front of everyone that Ethan and I loved to celebrate each other. To celebrate the fact that we were going to be together for as long as we both lived and no one was ever going to come in between that.

Ethan let go of my hands and pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket inside of his shirt.

He must've been paying attention because he heard that it was time to say our vows.

He held the microphone in one hand and the piece of paper in the other.

"Ruby," He said. "I want to start off by saying I love you. I love you so much. I love the way you smile. I love the way your face looks when you smile. I love your beautiful green eyes and your red copper hair. I love the tiny freckles on your face and I love your slim, but long fingers-sorry, that was way too specific." He paused for a second as everyone chuckled. "Basically, I love everything about you and I am not afraid to say that. Since the day I first laid eyes on you, I knew that you were the one for me. Even though you rejected my margarita that I bought for you, I was willing to wait for you and I'm so glad that I did because you came right back to my table. When I'm with you, I'm the best version of myself that I can be. I am not ashamed to admit that everytime I look at you, I get butterflies. You only read about those feelings in books and I thought that the authors were overexaggerating, but then I met you and I realized that all of those things they said were true. I didn't know what true love was until I met you. Ruby, I want to grow old with you. I want to have kids with you. I want to make mistakes with you, but I want to make memories with you. I want to be there for you every step of the way. I love you so much and I'm so glad that I agreed to buy you that additional glass of water."

Everyone clapped after he was done speaking, but I didn't even realize that I was crying. 

I immediately stopped as I started to panic. 

Where did I put my vows at?

Shit, shit shit. 

My worry faded as soon as I saw a hand holding a piece of paper from behind me. I turned around and saw Dave leaning forward and handing it to me. 

"You're a lifesaver," I told him. 

"Thank me later," He winked at me.

Ethan handed me the microphone. 

"Sorry," I apologized. "I lost my vows. But, I found them."

I cleared my throat. 

"Ethan," I started. "When I first met you, I was not in a good position in my life. But, you seized the opportunity to buy me alcohol that I kindly rejected. But, I came back for more because I realized that I wanted to get to know you and I wanted to give you a shot. I never thought in a million years that you would ever think of me in the way that you do. Everyday after that night, I have thought about you. Not a day goes by that I do not think about you. You are the sky and I am a star. Without you, I would have nowhere to go," I started to tear up, but stopped myself. "You knew everything that I had gone through and normally that would scare people off, but you, Ethan Hawke, you stuck around. You thought for some reason that I was worth it. You helped put me back together and bring me back to life. I thank you so much for that. You have helped my daughters become who they are today and you have helped shape us all into the people that we are today. Thanks to you, I am the best version of myself that I can possibly be. There is no way that I could ever possibly repay you, but I thank you so much. Ethan, I love you so much and I want to grow old with you. I never want to leave your side."