Chapter 157

May 19, 1996

Lorelai and I arrived at the laser tag arena. We walked towards the entrance to go inside.  

Lorelai was very excited to go be doing laser tag. She loved laser tag and was very good at it. I, on the other hand, was atrocious at it. 

As soon as we walked inside, Ethan turned around and his whole face lit up as he saw me. 

He walked towards me and gave me a hug, then a quick peck on the lips. 

"Hey, Ruby," He looked down at Lorelai. "Hey, Lorelai."

"Hi," She smiled at him. 

"I already paid for everything. They're about to start so we best be going."

I chuckled. "Thank you so much."

He grabbed my hand and held it as Lorelai led us through the doors where we put on our vests. 

"Is it going to be just us?" I asked Ethan. 

"Looks like it."

I put on a vest and Lorelai growled. 

"I'm going to beat both of you guys!" She exclaimed. 

"She really is," I warned Ethan. "She is a beast at laser tag."

A worker walked inside and gave us the rules. Then, he opened the doors and Lorelai ran inside, immediately going upstairs. 

I started walking forward, but Ethan gently pushed me. 

"Cheater!" He shouted. 

"How am I cheating?!"

"You're following me!"

"No I'm not!"

"That's it!" He pointed his gun at my vest and shot me, then ran away. 

I chuckled and shook my head, glad that I decided to sit down with him at the restaurant a while ago. Ethan made me happier and I was actually smiling again. That made me have hope, but at the same time, that terrified me. That meant that he could hurt me just as easily as he could make me feel loved. 

I didn't want to hurt again. 

I stopped thinking negatively and ran upstairs until I heard Lorelai scream. 

"YOU SCARED ME!" She laughed hard. 

"Sorry!" I heard Ethan shout. "We should team up against your mother!"

I hid behind one of the walls that they had and saw them run downstairs. I leaned over the ledge and shot them both as they ran down. 

"WHAT?!" Lorelai squealed. 

"Ooh, she got us good!" Ethan yelled. 

They ended up running back upstairs, but went to the opposite side of me and we had a war. After a little while, our time ran out and Lorelai sighed. 

"Again!" She yelled. 

"Lorelai, I am sweating so much," I told her as I walked over to her and Ethan. "There's no way we can do this again."

"Let's go get some dinner," Ethan offered. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks so much for doing this for us," I pulled Ethan into my bedroom after Lorelai down to sleep. 

"You're welcome. I had a really nice time."