Chapter 71

November 3, 1992

"What if she came to Brazil with us?" Kurt asked Dave and Krist. 

"If I were to go, then no one would watch the kids," I said. 

"No, your parents could."

"Kurt, I don't want to be away from Melissa or Lorelai for a week."

"Fine, then what if they came with?"

"On a plane?"

Dave chuckled. "Ha. On a plane...on a plain, get it? It's one of our songs?"

I rolled my eyes. "I just don't want to be away from them that long. That'd be so much pumping for me to do."

"Then let's bring them with, okay? Well, how long is the flight?"

"Twelve hours," Krist said. 

"TWELVE?!" I shouted. That was way too long to bring a baby on-no one would be able to get sleep. "No, we can't bring her on the plane ride then."

"What if you just gave your mom a mixture of formula and breast milk?" Dave suggested. "Aren't you guys trying to mix the formula into her young?"

"I guess that would work," I thought out loud. "Because then she'd have enough food to last for a week."

"See?" Kurt smiled. "It all works out in the end."

"What else would we do while we're in Brazil?" 

"We'll be working on our new record, too. I'm sure you'll find some stuff to do."

"That's even if my parents are okay with watching them for a week. They'd have to stay here; I'm not going to have Melissa and Lorelai go over to my parents' house for a week."

"Why not?"

"Because all of their stuff is here-their toys, their clothes, their beds. It's not worth it to move everything."

"Okay."

I grabbed the phone and called my mom. 

"Hello?" She answered. 

"Hey, Mom," I walked away from everyone. "How are you?"

"We're doing good. Your father is watching the television while I am doing a crossword puzzle."

"That's fun."

"How are you?"

"Um, I'm good. Just trying to figure something out. Are you able to watch the kids from January 16-January 23?"

"Why?"

"Kurt has to go there for work and he wants me to come with, but I don't want to bring the kids; It's a 12-hour flight."

"That'd be miserable. Um, let me ask your father...Are we busy from January 16 to the 23?"

"Not that I know of. Why?" He answered. 

"Ruby wants us to watch the kids while she goes to Brazil with Kurt."

"Why in the world are they going to Brazil?"

"It's for his work, honey."

"Oh. Is it just Melissa and Lorelai?"

"Yes," I said into the phone. 

"Yes," My mom told him. 

"Um, sure. We'd love to do it."

I squealed. "Is it alright if you guys stay at our house for the week instead of them going to your place?"