Chapter 94

September 2, 1993

My hands were sweating as we pulled up to the awards. Kurt stepped out of the car with Dave and Krist as Lorelai and I slowly got out behind them. 

"Look at how beautiful you are!" Krist said, noticing that Lorelai was nervous by all the noise and how many people there were. 

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to bring her...

"You like my dress?" She grinned. She was wearing an Aurora dress-the famous pink one. Kurt and I tried to get her to change into a different one, but we were running late and didn't have time to keep arguing with her. 

"It's marvelous," Krist chuckled. "You don't look too bad either, Ruby."

"Oh thank you," I rolled my eyes. I was wearing a green dress that was mid-length and form fitting. Kurt didn't dress up at all. He was wearing a black-and-white striped shirt with his ripped jeans. 

He didn't even want to be here. If he knew that he didn't win the award, then none of us would've been here. Honestly, I didn't even really want to be there. 

"Kurt, over here!" A photographer shouted. 

"Kurt!"

"Cobain!"

Kurt just ignored them and walked back over to me, grabbing my hand and wrapping his fingers around mine. 

I kissed him. "This is going to be alright."

Kurt immediately put his obnoxious red sunglasses on and we started walking down the road where all the paparazzi was at. Just then, Lorelai started whining. 

"The sun," She whined. 

"Stop wining," I told. "You don't need to whine."

Kurt took off his sunglasses and gave them to her. 

I gasped. "Are you sick or something?" I pressed the back of my hand to his forehead. "You must be sick. Someone call a doctor!"

"Shut up," He was laughing. 

"Did you just voluntarily take off your sunglasses?"

He wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed me. 

"I'll only do it for my girls," He smiled. 

Lorelai started running away, so I ran after her and grabbed her by her arms. 

"Do not run away, do you understand me?" I asked her. "Someone could take you."

"And then I'll be gone forever?"

"We'll always find you," Kurt said. "Always. Want to hold my hand?"

She nodded her hand and held onto Kurt's hand. I grabbed her hand and walked by their side. 

I turned around and saw Dave walking with Krist. 

"I'll be right back," I told Kurt and ran to Dave, jumping onto his back. 

"Whoa, you can't do that!" He chuckled, gripping onto my legs and hiking me up higher. 

"Can you believe that this is us right now? Like, right this second? In high school, I would've never imagined this happening."

"That's because you never believed in me."

"Oh shut up. I believed in you and that's why you're here. If you didn't have my belief, you'd be living in your momma's basement." 

I hopped off of his back and ran back up to Kurt, hugging him from behind and kissed him. 

"Why are you so happy?" He asked.