Chapter 81

January 19, 1993

Kurt and I were just about done getting ready to go out and meet Dave's new "friend". 

"Almost done," I told Kurt. 

"Alright."

"Do you think they know about last night?" I asked as we opened the door. 

Dave was staring at us weirdly and so was Krist. 

"Yep," Kurt whispered in my ear. 

I smiled shyly, looking down. 

"RUBY!" Shelli screeched and ran to me, hugging me tightly. 

"Whoa," I chuckled. "Hi."

"I missed you guys."

Shelli decided to come with us. She missed Krist a lot and was wanting to go out to Brazil with all of us, so Krist flew her out. 

"We missed you too," I smiled. 

"Krist told me about last night," Shelli whispered in my ear. 

"It's really not that big of a deal," I was embarrassed. Someone there caught us having sex, and Kurt and I got embarrassed and ran back up to the hotel room, soaking wet with only a towel covering us. We caused an even bigger scene, but it was in the heat of the moment. Krist and Dave saw us and connected the dots. "Right, Kurt?"

"Right," He turned to Dave. "When is your friend coming?"

"She's meeting up with us," He replied. 

"Then let's hurry and go," Krist rushed us all out. 

Dave took a cab with Krist and Shelli while Kurt and I took our own. Krist and Kurt still weren't getting along the best, so they stayed as far away from each other as much as possible. 

"Do you have the bag?" Kurt asked me. 

"Right here," I held it up for him to see. It had all of the towels and extra clothes in it. "Krist has the cooler with the food and some drinks. Do you have the chairs?" He nodded his head, even though they were clearly in front of us. 

We decided to go to the beach since it wasn't too hot or too cold. We arrived at the Ipanema Beach and I was taken aback by how packed it was. 

"Jesus Christ," I started to worry that everyone would be crowding us, but Kurt had his sunglasses on and was shirtless. He wasn't wearing his typical baggy clothing and he was also wearing sandals-he was dressed like a completely different person. 

"It's crazy packed," He handed me my sunglasses. 

"Should we put sunscreen on now?"

"If you want."

I grabbed the bottle of sunscreen, squirted it into my hands, and started lathering his back in it after he took his shirt off. 

"Oh, right there!" He moaned loudly and I chuckled softly to myself. 

"Shut up, Cobain," I smiled softly to myself. "Alright, turn around."

I poured some more into my hand and wiped it all over his stomach, then got down on my knees and got it on his legs and arms. 

"Let me see your face," I took off his sunglasses and put extra sunscreen on his face and neck. "You're too pale; We can't risk you getting sunburnt."

"My turn to do it to you," He smirked. 

"Oh God."

He squirted a ton onto his hand as I took my shirt and shorts off. He put some onto my chest, really rubbing it good there, then my stomach and my legs. I turned around and he got it on my back and shoulders, then my butt really well.