Chapter 111

January 11, 1994

"I won!" Lorelai hollered, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Shh, your sister's sleeping," I whispered and drew another box for us to play Tic-Tac-Toe. 

"I'm going to win again," She rubbed her hands together and did an evil chuckle. 

I laughed hard. "Dear God, Lorelai. What do you want to be when you're older?"

"I want to be a dinosaur."

"Okay then. You be a dinosaur."

"Rawr!" She threw her hands up as claws. 

"It's your turn," I told her and just as she was about to go, there was a knock on the door. 

Lorelai ran to the door, but I pulled her shirt before she could go any further. 

"What have I told you?" I asked her. 

"Don't open the door."

"Stay here."

I walked to the front door and opened it up to find a bitch standing in my doorway: Robert's mother, Lucinda. 

"What the fuck do you want?" I snapped. 

"Now that's no way to greet the grandmother of your daughter, now is it?" She asked. 

"You're not her fucking grandmother. Where have you been, huh?!"

"Ruby, I just want to talk."

"Mom," Lorelai tugged on my shirt. 

I looked at Lucinda and her eyes widened and she covered her mouth. 

"Is that-?" She couldn't even finish her sentence. 

"Lorelai, honey, can you go upstairs for a little, please?" I asked her. 

"Sure," She ran upstairs. 

I stepped to the side so that Lucinda could walk inside.

"You have a very nice house," She looked around, but her eyes focused on the family picture of Kurt, Lorelai, Melissa, and I. "Is that your family?"

"Yes," I replied. 

We sat down on the couches in the living room and it pained me to look at her. I hated her after everything that she did to me-her and Michael (Robert's father). They treated me like I was their own daughter when Robert and I were together. It felt like they were my parents. My actual parents didn't like me as I grew up. 

But, then Michael died and that was what changed Robert. Then, he killed himself and Lorelai stayed with Lucinda. Lucinda was very kind to us and helped us out a lot, but then once I was stable enough to get Lorelai back, it was like Lucinda was a whole different person. She yelled at me and told me that I was the reason Robert killed himself. I knew that she was just going through a lot, considering her son had killed himself, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. 

It was after that made me hate her. She would leave me voicemails saying how much she hated me and if Robert and I didn't get together, he would've still been alive. 

"How the fuck do you know where I live?" I asked her. 

"I called your mom and asked."

"My mom hates you after what you did to me."

"Yeah, but her and I talked for a little and sorted things out."

"There's nothing to sort out, Lucinda. You're a fucking bitch. God, do you know what you fucking did to me?"