Chapter 107

January 1, 1994

"Good morning," Kurt ran his fingers through my hair. 

"Good morning," I smiled. 

"Last night."

"Last night."

"Was awesome."

"I'm surprised we didn't wake Melissa."

"I'm not."

"Of course you're not."

I didn't even bother covering up my body around him. I didn't need to. He loved it and I was fine with him loving it and looking at it. If anything, I wanted him to. 

Just then, our door burst open and Krist was holding his camera. 

"Good morning lovebirds!" He shouted. "Oh me oh my! You don't have any clothes on!"

He slammed the door behind him and Kurt and I just bursted out with laughter. We weren't even embarrassed. Krist's reaction made us laugh. If it was anyone else, we would've probably been embarrassed. 

We decided to get our clothes on, brush our hair and teeth, then go out with everyone else. We got weird looks from Dave, Jennifer, Pat, and Shelli, so Krist obviously said something. 

"Jennifer, where were you last night at the concert?" I asked. 

"I was on the other side," She replied, looking away from me quickly. 

Kurt lightly shoved Krist. "Fuck you."

"Hey, hey, they asked to see the video," Krist threw his hands up in the air. 

Oh dear God. 

In all of our years of friendship, Dave has never seen my chest. 

Well that changed today. 

In fact, everyone in the room had seen my chest. 

I buried my face in my hands in embarrassment. 

"It's alright," Shelli chuckled. "Jennifer and I have breasts, too."

"It's not you I'm worried about," I separated two of my fingers apart on my eye so I could get a look at Dave. I couldn't even make out his facial expressions. "Dave?"

"It's alright," He quickly said. "I think that we just need to forget about it."

"What happened last night?" I asked, removing my hands from my face. "With the audience?"

Kurt's facial expressions changed to anger. "This fucking man was groping this other woman so we kicked him the fuck out."

"What the fuck?"

"Thank God you did!" Shelli said. 

That made sense as to why Kurt reacted like that. He wouldn't slam his guitar on the ground for no good reason. And that was a good reason to do it. 

"Where are the girls?" I asked. 

"Gretchen took them to eat breakfast downstairs," Shelli said. 

"Are you ready to go?" I asked Kurt. 

"I just need to get my shoes on."

"Where are you guys going?" Dave asked. 

"We're going to take the girls out for a day," I explained while putting on my sandals. 

"We're not invited?" Krist pretended to be upset by this. 

I stood up. "Considering that I'm not going to see Kurt for a very long time, you're damn right you're not invited."